Pool equipment main wiring repair- solid or stranded

That may be an option. Not sure what real pressure that part actually has on it. I can push on the filter and watch it come back together some. It would be a pain to get the cable ties through there. Maybe make a needle out of a clothes hanger to thread with. Between that and anchoring it, it would last forever. That'll probably be a bored summer day project unless it gets a lot worse soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally have solar plumbing and a couple runs of 3/4 conduit run to the house. One will have a 3 way for my pool light, and the solar temp sensor run through it. The other is for future expansion.
b210ae1a960ea03549e00fa9eb9870f5.jpg
1246af156061e6d473c202c4c1206a8f.jpg

I've put down 4K lbs of sand so far. I've got another 3.5k lbs on the trailer waiting for a couple days of nice weather. Then it's caution tape, dirt, grass seed, and straw. I'm ready for my yard to be its normal level of muddy. I'm sick of this mess.

That'll be a hard pass. I do like making some wood chips with my echo timberwolf though. I went and cut up a big downed oak a couple months ago. 6-7k lbs worth. Gonna split it when these other projects get done. A big chipper sounds fun, but not 30 yards fun. I can drive 20 minutes from my house and get a bucket of chips for $5. Are you just trying not to burn the stuff, or what?

Most of the commercial stuff around here is tub ground mulch. I need clean chips with no twigs to put as base material around the kids new play set. Got a lil carried away as always and ended up with a bigger project than it started to be. Kids are excited tho.

Attachments

• IMG_20170416_154726.jpg
    IMG_20170416_154726.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 48
All the parks around here used to use some massive pine bark chips. They've all switched to either the loose rubber mulch, or the rubber mulch mat. That stuff is really cool. It's like an inch thick, multi color rubber mulch pad that you cut to fit your area.

Guess I forgot to mention that my neighbor helped me out a couple days ago by doing a lot of fill work on the trenches with his little tractor and box scraper. He said he'd come back and tidy up a bit when it dries up some.
64a062685933cfe0bf704e5f5dd2f66c.jpg
I may have had to pull him out a couple times. :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
As part of my "up to code" project here, I have added a pool light junction box. I was under the impression that the bonding loop and ground wires were not to be connected, but past posts on the subject indicate that the junction box is supposed to be grounded and bonded. Is that correct? The box is set up for both. Also, I ran a new bonding wire inside the conduit to tie into the surface mount bracket of the light because i can't be certain that one was run to the outside of the conduit where it goes to the pool wall, and if I remember correctly, you are supposed to run the bonding wire in the conduit if you use pvc. One disheartening thing I discovered is that the light is already starting to corrode. There's visible rust staining around the white ring in areas, and there was rust on four screws on the back of it. Could that be due to some kind of galvanic corrosion since it possibly wasn't bonded? I've had it exactly a year, and it's supposed to be rated for salt pools.

Found the instructions for the box, and it says to make sure it's bonded and grounded. Seems like a moot point considering I have pvc conduit. Also noticed that it says use #8 insulated copper bonding wire. Oops! It has #8 bare just like all the rest of the equipment. Can't see where that could be an issue.

You need to use insulated wire in the conduit. It's added protection from the other wire in the conduit from putting voltage into the grid. The light junction box and conduit connect the the light have their own set of rules and should be followed closely because the light is the single greatest source of electricity getting into the pool.

Technically as for the bond and ground not being connected the pump motor is bonded and ground in the same way as the light junction box is. The ground wire on the pump goes to the motor case the same as the bond wire, just in different spots.

I can return the bare copper, but it's already run and it'd be a big pita to pull it out and run the new one. The new wire will only be in contact with the pool light cord so it'll have two layers of insulation isolating it from any live wire. What's the preferred way to get the bonding wire from in the box out to tie into the existing bonding wire? Cord grip or just drill a hole through the plastic plug in the third conduit hub?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.