2neuges

Jun 26, 2023
Paragould, AR
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I'm newer to TFP and only a year into owning an inground. We knew the pool deck was spalling when we purchased the home. So far, we've had multiple different professionals come out to take a look and give us estimates. There seems to be no real solution except to tear it out and re-pour...at $12,000. It's currently being covered with outdoor rugs but we would love a more affordable solution. Not only is it bad to the eyes, it also continues to chip away and some inevitably get in to our vinyl-lined pool. Anyone else have this problem and have a suggestion for how to repair our current concrete decking? Thank you so much!
Pool3.jpg

I'm newer to TFP and only a year into owning an inground. We knew the pool deck was spalling when we purchased the home. So far, we've had multiple different professionals come out to take a look and give us estimates. There seems to be no real solution except to tear it out and re-pour...at $12,000. It's currently being covered with outdoor rugs but we would love a more affordable solution. Not only is it bad to the eyes, it also continues to chip away and some inevitably get in to our vinyl-lined pool. Anyone else have this problem and have a suggestion for how to repair our current concrete decking? Thank you so much!
View attachment 524308
There’s no real way to repair it, but it can be resurfaced and you’ll probably get a few more years out of it. I’m having a kooldeck coating applied to mine which is supposed to reduce the surface temperature a bit.

Reactions: 2neuges
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.