jbeav30

May 4, 2024
Kentucky
So i come outside the other night to find my track has come out of the concrete. The concrete underneath is cracked. Im assuming it just did it over time from the weight of the cover… is there any way to repair this without removing concrete and re pouring it??IMG_8407.jpeg

Welcome to TFP.

You have to look as to what failed?

Is the concrete crumbling?

Did the anchors in the concrete rust out?

What did the screws pull out from?

Is there a solid surface to anchor a new track to?

Welcome to TFP.

You have to look as to what failed?

Is the concrete crumbling?

Did the anchors in the concrete rust out?

What did the screws pull out from?

Is there a solid surface to anchor a new track to?
The concrete it was anchored too has cracked all the way down the middle. The anchors do show some surface rust but they are all intact. The anchors look like they were installed into the concrete itself. And no there isnt really a solid surface to re anchor it… side note this pool is roughly 10 years old and my parents are the ones who installed it so im figuring it all out as i go. Completely new to pools in general.

With the skimmers on that side you cannot get a wider cover and put a new track over solid concrete.

You probably have to get rid of the automatic cover and put a fence around the pool for safety unless you want to redo the concrete deck and buy a new automatic cover.

This isn't going to help now but if you do replace the cover I suggest a couple of things since it appears you drain your pool partially at closing. I would get a designated outlet near pool that you can plug cover pump into and leave it on your cover to keep water off as it collects. The weight of the water on the cover probably played a big part in your problem (this is a guess as I am by no means an expert). I leave my cover pump on the cover at all times unless I'm hosting a party or know that we won't be getting any rain for awhile. Best of luck to you and I hope everything works out the best it can.

This isn't going to help now but if you do replace the cover I suggest a couple of things since it appears you drain your pool partially at closing. I would get a designated outlet near pool that you can plug cover pump into and leave it on your cover to keep water off as it collects. The weight of the water on the cover probably played a big part in your problem (this is a guess as I am by no means an expert). I leave my cover pump on the cover at all times unless I'm hosting a party or know that we won't be getting any rain for awhile. Best of luck to you and I hope everything works out the best it can.
You just can’t see it in the picture but there is a pump kept on the cover at all times to keep rain water off of it. Ive since been told in a couple other pages that i should plug the returns and skimmers and then fill the pool back up with water to keep strain off the cover. Never really thought of it. Expensive mistake to learn from though

You just can’t see it in the picture but there is a pump kept on the cover at all times to keep rain water off of it. Ive since been told in a couple other pages that i should plug the returns and skimmers and then fill the pool back up with water to keep strain off the cover. Never really thought of it. Expensive mistake to learn from though
Ok. I did notice an extension cord running to cover so I presume that is what you use? All I'll add is that if that extension cord is running to an outlet attached to a building that could end very badly. It's always a good idea to have a designated outlet for something that is going to be exposed to water as often as a cover pump. Again, you may very well have this covered.

I'd fix it which/whatever it yakes and use it only for the summer months. For winter it's a very costly cover to use and therefore I recommend to all my customers to use the winter safety pool covers which can handle much more abuse. Even the winter covers have a support tolerance and the water has to be at but is alot lower the the auto covers.

Ok. I did notice an extension cord running to cover so I presume that is what you use? All I'll add is that if that extension cord is running to an outlet attached to a building that could end very badly. It's always a good idea to have a designated outlet for something that is going to be exposed to water as often as a cover pump. Again, you may very well have this covered.
Yes there is a designated outdoor outlet in my landscaping around the pool lol.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I'd fix it which/whatever it yakes and use it only for the summer months. For winter it's a very costly cover to use and therefore I recommend to all my customers to use the winter safety pool covers which can handle much more abuse. Even the winter covers have a support tolerance and the water has to be at but is alot lower the the auto covers.
Probably gonna have to bust the concrete out and re pour it. Scared it would crack on concrete under the pool if i did that. Going to probably get a cover company to come out and look at it and see what they think.

Reactions: kimkats