Pool Cover Off ~ YIKES!!!! *Looking Good*

Re: Pool Cover Off ~ YIKES!!!! *Back with Test Results*

FunInTheSun said:
Back from pool store and WOW!!!!

They said my levels were near perfect (huh, me?!?)

Here are there the results:

Total Chlorine: 3
Free Chlorine: 2.1
pH: 7.4
TA: 150
Total Hardness: 192
CYA: 0
Salt: N/A
TDS: 200 (What's this???)

They recommended that I add 6 lbs of stabilizer but the pool calculator says it should be 4lbs 8oz ~ what should I follow???

Ditto what Jason said....

I'll add the following: FC + CC = TC. So if your FC is 2.1 and your Total chlorine is 3, then your CC is .9 - anything over .5 and you need to shock. Which we kinda figured anyway since you had a giant green monster! LOL. To start you'll need 3 small jugs or 2 large jugs of 6%, and that's to start. Most of the initial dosing will be lost to organics and sunlight, so stock up!

So go ahead and add the 4lbs CYA, and then you can begin the shock process. Right now, your shock level is 10. After 24-48 hours, you will assume the CYA is 40, and increase your shock level accordingly- 16. You already know about the How To article on shocking, so just follow the steps and you should be golden!

Do you know how to add the CYA?

Re: Pool Cover Off ~ YIKES!!!! *I NEED HELP*

Thanks for all the info. I had to undergo emergency surgery Friday morning and have not been able to tend to the pool, just got home today.

The water looks crystal clear but I can't get down there to test it (Hubby will have to take over for me for a week until I'm cleared by the surgeon).

Should I proceed with the orginal input that was given? Nothing has been done to the pool since Thursday evening.

Thanks!

OMGOSH! :shock: I hope you are okay!

Oh Amy, I'm sorry to hear that, hope you are okay. The shocking process is just that, a process. If you aren't able to see to it, will your husband be able to do it? It does require frequent chlorine additions, running the filter 24/7 (which means keeping an eye on the PSI, etc.) and frequent testing of the FC level. Is this in the cards right now?

If you feel confident to proceed then yes, add the CYA and start shocking. :goodjob:

Prayers to you for a speedy recovery. :)

Okay, Hubby is going to take over for me. He put the CYA in and will begin shocking it for me.

I had a bowel obstruction which required emergency surgery, I was previously recovering from gallbladder surgery just 3 weeks ago....it's been a rough go of things, sheesh!!!!!!

Hope to be fully recovered soon!!!

You poor thing! We are all sending you well wishes and a speedy recovery along with a clear pool! You should know enough now to tell DH what to do and when to do it! :mrgreen: If you still need help, you can come here and we'll tell you what to tell him, along with request for refills and foot rubs! :whip: :mrgreen:

Get well soon and get lots of rest!

Thanks so much! Here are some comparison pics from taking the cover off to tonight 5/18/09:

DSC03997.jpg

DSC04007.jpg

DSC04017.jpg

DSC04026.jpg

DSC04030.jpg

I wish my neighbor friend would keep at her pool like you've kept at yours. She's been fighting a losing battle because she won't keep the FC up. :roll:

You have done such a wonderful job thus far and will be swimming very soon! 8)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Miss being here andmtaking care of my pool!!!!

Just thought I would give a quick update: Doing well since surgery (bowel obstruction) and was hospitalized again on Monday due to passing out in the hallway of the hospital ~ long story but I'm okay...ready to be be well and stay well and enjoy the summer!!!!

The pool looks GREAT, I plan to take some pics and add them when the sun hits the pool. Thanks so much for all your help!!!

You did a fabulous job! I know where you guys will be all summer! 8)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.