Pool Cost

I had planned on using the profit from selling my prior house to put in a very basic vinyl in ground but
ended up getting VERY lucky and getting another house that had a vinyl inground that simply needed a new liner.
It was half empty, green with the liner out of the tracks....no wonder nobody bought it....goody for me!

The cost for a bare bones / minimal 16,000 gallon in ground vinyl here Starts around 20k.

I had considered fiberglass but it was quite a bit more.

So I am wanting to get a fiberglass pool next year. We have a really good builder here. The thing I cannot get over is the cost. We are looking between $30K and $50K for a pool in the size I like. How are you guys paying for these? Are you paying cash, financing? Just wondering, as I have been saving for some time but will take a while longer to get to the $50K mark. Thanks.

We are paying cash for our pool.

That being said, I do not recommend dumping all your liquid cash into a pool. Borrow the money if you need to and leave a substantial amount of cash as emergency funds. The last thing you want is for the bank to foreclose on your paid off pool.

Those of you who have paid cash, what kind of discount or free upgrades did your PB give you? Also, if you waited to build in the off season, what was the discount? Thanks. As soon as I close on my cabin at the end of the month I will start getting quotes. Hoping to start the build in September or October and let the ground settle for a couple months before doing a paver patio. This forum has been awesome!

Those of you who have paid cash, what kind of discount or free upgrades did your PB give you? Also, if you waited to build in the off season, what was the discount? Thanks. As soon as I close on my cabin at the end of the month I will start getting quotes. Hoping to start the build in September or October and let the ground settle for a couple months before doing a paver patio. This forum has been awesome!

Cash payments doesn't give you discounts anymore like in the old days. PBs see no difference between getting money from the bank vs you. My PB also did not give any special discounts during "slow" times. I guess there's no such thing as off season here in FL. They rather build the pool during the winter since the temp outside is more forgiving than the summer.

My PB gave me a 8% discount, and said the margin is really not that huge with these pools. You just have get as many quotes as you can and compare the permit fees. One PB charges 950, the other 550...you can't get anymore apples to apples comparison than permitting fees. Also make your quotes as apples to apples comparison as possible. Stick to similar pebble finish companies, similar decking sqft, and similar equipment. I had HUGE swings in quotes..about a 60k difference between the most expensive and least expensive company.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.