Pool controller acting up

Jan 9, 2010
Spring Texas
I have a pentair screenlogic automation system and when I turn my lights on it makes a thump but the lights fail to come on the system was installed three years ago and has worked flawless until now. After I found the lights would not function I updated the controller with the latest firmware Now I find out the water feature setting that returns all the water to the spa does not change my valve controllers. When I turn on the spa the controllers work correctly The lights still make a clunk but don’t come on. Any ideas?

r,

If the "thump" you hear is from inside the EasyTouch, then I would have to assume it is the pool light relay and that the light does not come on because the GFCI has popped.

Not sure how your ET is wired, but in a lot of cases, there is a GFCI outlet mounted at the bottom right side of the enclosure.. this GFCI is often used to provide the AC voltage to the light.

The light GFCI is the first thing I would check, no matter where it is located.

When you say you updated the "Controller" F/W... I assume you have updated the ScreenLogic Protocol adapter... ??? Updating the ET's F/W takes some special hardware..

If one of your valves does not move when it should, it could be that the actuator has failed or that it is no longer assigned to the correct circuit... If you can look at the picture below you can see where in ScreenLogic you can check how each valve is assigned...

dbtgallery.php

You can see how Valve A is assigned to the "Waterfall" circuit...

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Ok

Went out and on the side of the panel was a gfci just like you said. It was off and I simply turned it back on. Problem solved.
And it was the protocol adapter that I updated

Thanks for the help. Trouble free pool people are the best

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.