Pool closing

RaySamour

Oct 3, 2023
Ottawa
About not seeing bubbles from the main drain, not blowing it out completely, do we really need to worry about this?
Water freezes from the top down. Since the main drain is always open, therefore an escape for water, or an expansion path.
I am assuming that the pool water will not freeze all the way down to plug the main drain.
I called my pool builder and they said it is fine if I don't see bubbles, and to blow it for a few minutes and then close the buttom drain.

You need to blow the pad side of the pipe below the frost line, which is relatively deep for Ottawa. You can Google the frost line for an idea of where you live VS the various depths.

The pool won't freeze solid to the drains, but if most of the run to the pad is 3 or 4 ft deep, it'll need to be empty by you.

A cyclone is insurance money well spent and will last forever with one use a year. Seeing bubbles is the only way to know for sure that you got enough water out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.