New Windsor, NY
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45 Plus
Hi, this is my first season using a SWG. I currently running it at 10%, 8 hours. The nights are now getting cold, the heater running at 72 degrees( to keep SWG working) and the leaves are now falling. So I'm getting closing supplies together. I've closed my pool a few times before without help. My question is when it comes to increasing the chlorine level at closing do you shock the pool or increase the SWG to a higher percentage? If higher percentage how high? At 10% the total chlorine is between 3-5ppm.

Can you pressure wash a salt cell, or do you have to use mureic acid or both?

Can a salt cell be stored outside in the winter if the plumbing has been drained or kept in a shed or does it has to be kept indoors?

My question is when it comes to increasing the chlorine level at closing do you shock the pool or increase the SWG to a higher percentage?
Best to just use liquid chorine when you're ready for that final SLAM level increase.

Can you pressure wash a salt cell, or do you have to use mureic acid or both?
Not high pressure like a pressure washer, but pressure from a water nozzle is okay. But if the scale is abd, a short soaking in a 4-1 ration of water to muriatic acid for about 10 minutes may be required. Check your SWG owners manual for cleaning tips.

Can a salt cell be stored outside in the winter if the plumbing has been drained or kept in a shed or does it has to be kept indoors?
Personal choice. You can leave it out if all residual water is removed. Some will unscrew it and get it out of the harsh weather. Others may install a dummy cell if they are concerned about critters trying to get into the plumbing.

Reactions: Xwoman2010
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.