Pool Closing Chemicals???

Aside from being cheaper to drain/fill and other considerations, I've always wondered how commercial pools avoid popping out of the ground when drained for the winter, or having freeze/thaw damage without the weight of the water/ice in place. Anyone have insight to this?

Aside from being cheaper to drain/fill and other considerations, I've always wondered how commercial pools avoid popping out of the ground when drained for the winter, or having freeze/thaw damage without the weight of the water/ice in place. Anyone have insight to this?
The water is lowered, but not completely drained in the fall when the pool is closed. The pool is drained, cleaned and refilled when opened in the spring.

Don’t know for sure but estimate would be about 15k.
Yes..... for that size pool it definitely makes sense save the water. I always did that with my 20,000 gallon residential pool. However, as others have noted above..... a 60,000 gallon "commercial" pool is a little bit of a different animal when it comes to salvaging the water or replacing it each year. My understanding is that the larger the pool, the more sense it makes to just empty, clean and refill. Plus, the costs to save the water can be unpredictable vs. the cost of draining and refilling.... essentially the cost of the water only (plus basic chemicals, of course).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.