pool circulation with robot instead of suction cleaner?

Oct 18, 2022
Central Caifornia
Total newb still... but i searched best i could. The one promising thread i found, derailed into a SLAM sermon, and didn't actually answer what i was looking for.

My pool has a dedication suction side cleaner. I think its a hayward navigator or similar. Anyway, it does decent, especially with dogs being in the pool, but ive been looking at robots. Something to actually help with brushing and more "set and forget".
But my concern is pool circulation. The risks of stagnant water that might never make it up to the skimmer and thru the filters. No main drain, single skimmer and then the separate suction port for my cleaner. 4 return jets. pool is nearly 9ft at deepest.
Is it much of a concern for circulation if I go to a robot, and only my skimmer is pulling in and circulating water back thru the jets? I like the idea of having my cleaner pulling in and circulating water while it does its thing in the depths... especially if ive added any chemicals or anything.
but i just dont know how problematic that could be, or if its just a mental thing and ill be fine with a robot and skimmer only.

appreciate it!

4 return jets should be more than sufficient to properly circulate the pool. The return side is far more important the suction side when it comes to circulation. Also, a robot should be just as effective as a suction cleaner if not more so since it is sucking in water and shooting it out at fairly high velocity adding to the circulation.

But my concern is pool circulation. The risks of stagnant water that might never make it up to the skimmer and thru the filters. No main drain, single skimmer and then the separate suction port for my cleaner. 4 return jets. pool is nearly 9ft at deepest.
Is it much of a concern for circulation if I go to a robot, and only my skimmer is pulling in and circulating water back thru the jets? I like the idea of having my cleaner pulling in and circulating water while it does its thing in the depths... especially if ive added any chemicals or anything.
but i just dont know how problematic that could be, or if its just a mental thing and ill be fine with a robot and skimmer only.
I ran my 30K Gallon pool for a year and a half with one skimmer and two returns. I finally found the leak in the skimmer and repaired it, now I'm 2x2.

I use the robot daily to brush and circulate. You should be good to go...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.