Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
Hi everyone
I’m losing my chemistry in the pool, I’m assuming it’s leaking somewhere. Water level goes down 1/4 inch a day, and I thought it’s normal evaporation, but I turned off the pump for 3 days and water level went down 1/4 inch in 3 days. Any thoughts?
Please help.

How is your weather? Dry (as in lack of humidity)? Windy? That can speed up normal evaporation.
But you failed to tell us your current testing levels, and what is changing there other than the water level? Normally evaporation will leave behind calcium, sodium, chlorine... so if all your chem levels are lessening also I would also wonder about
water loss?

Look around the yard and equipment pad- any new soggy areas or water where its not normal? Investigate those.

Are you having to refill the pool daily? If so, one suggestion is to stop doing that and when you stop losing water- look around that spot for any breaks in your plaster? Is the water level stopped at the skimmer? Skimmers and ligjts are a common place of leaks. You could try a leak detection using pool dye-

Maddie 🇮🇹

Thanks for reply
I have no visible leaks, and within 9 months I lost significant amount of CH, CYH AND SALT
I think those are forever chemicals and you’re not suppose to loose them.
Also there is very little water loss when the pump is off which I assume is the evaporation.
CH went from 430 to 200, cya from 60 to 30 and salt from 3500 to 2500 within 9 months.

CH went from 430 to 200
I’m in your area and this amount of loss is not typical even with the recent rains unless you drained a significant amount at some point. For reference I drained during the rains to keep water beneath coping and my CH went down 75. It was 350 in Dec and 275 in March from the draining and letting rain do the refill.

Do you recall doing extra draining?

Last edited:
Sounds like you have it narrowed down to happening when the pump is on. Perhaps next step is to look for wet spots as suggested. If there are none, maybe try plugging different things and adjusting settings to see where the leak might be. I’m not familiar with this process so hopefully someone else here can help guide that process.

If that is not successful then calling a leak detection company may be the best bet.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support