Pool Cage

Nov 19, 2014
Homosassa, Florida
The bottom (aluminum) rail of my pool cage is rusting from water pooling there after a rain. One Screen Repair guy tells me they do not replace the 1X2 rain because the pool is anchored by them. They just installed a 1X2 aluminum cover and anchor that with a couple screws into the concrete. Another guy says he replaces the 1X2 aluminum. Which is the best way? Thanks !

One Screen Repair guy tells me they do not replace the 1X2 rain because the pool is anchored by them. They just installed a 1X2 aluminum cover and anchor tha
Found this info, I hope it helps, So do I understand they will JUST COVER THE RUSTED RAIL up?

Footing or Foundation​

Enclosures require a solid foundation. If you already have a concrete pool deck, your contractor must determine if it meets the right thickness to support the frame of the enclosure. If not, they will pour a new concrete footing or foundation to the thickness required by zoning laws in your area.

Frame​

Usually made of rust-resistant aluminum, the frame is the “skeleton” of your pool screen enclosure. Consisting of posts, beams, rails that run between the posts at the bottom of the enclosure, purlins, which are narrower strips of aluminum that run perpendicular to the beams to help form a roof, and a door, the frame forms the structure of your enclosure. It defines the roof style you have selected, either mansard, flat, gabled, domed, or sloped.

Anchors and Fasteners​

The frame must be fastened to the concrete base with screws or fasteners that penetrate the concrete and hold the structure in place. These anchors help the frame resist wind.

Other fasteners attach the beams to the posts, framing to the structural gutters attached to the house, and screen panels to the frame.

If a section of the screen is damaged, a pool screen repair company can often fix just that panel, so you don’t have to replace the entire pool screening. All fasteners should be rust-resistant.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.