Cape Coral, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Turbo Cell (T-CELL-5)
My pool cage has a low spot where water accumulates in the corner. I don't know if this is by design or not. I am new to inground pools and pool cages. I was thinking of drilling a weep hole or a couple of small holes in the bottom of the cage to allow the water to flow out of the cage. My patio is made of pavers. To redo the pavers to force the water to the pool drainage area would take forever. Its on the opposite side of the pool. Adding a couple of small weep holes seems a much easier options. Just not sure if it would upset the integrity of the pool cage structure. Any thoughts or comments? A picture is attached.

Attachments

• IMG_20220403_142538682.jpg
    IMG_20220403_142538682.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 22
Looks like the ground outside is definitely dry so that would probably work fine. you probably have a concrete beam under the aluminum frame which would prevent taking one paver out and running Channel drain underneath. Might be worth checking. This would be my preferred approach. Just don't like drilling on that aluminum frame. No special reason just personal preference. Another idea might be to back off on the tapcon connectors and see if you can prop something under there to create a small cracked that would leak out.

Reactions: kimkats
Tapcons are screws that are used with concrete. They are probably under the caps in the aluminum framing along the bottom that screw into the concrete beam underneath.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.