Pool Builder said shallow end has to be 3’? in vinyl pool!

mickmurph

Jun 26, 2023
Minnesota
Our pool builder just dropped a bomb on us and told us that our shallow end can’t be deeper than 3’ due to the construction requirements. This was news to us and feels like it came out of left field since we had consistently told him we were still deciding what depths we wanted. When we asked for 4’ in the shallow, he said “we can try to get creative but deeper than 3’ in the shallow end is hard in a vinyl pool.”

Is this accurate?! This has us really spinning. 3’ is way too shallow.

I have never heard that, but I have an AGP. However, most AGPs that are able to do freeform bottoms (like have a deep end) are still 52-54" sides so water is ~4 Ft. Just my $0.02. I am sure there are others on here with way more knowledge than me in this area.

They CAN do whatever depth you want UNLESS you/they are using a "kit" that is ready made. Vinyl liners can be custom made to fit YOUR pool wants. They do cost more. My guess is he has a kit to sell you that has a 3' shallow end.

Dig into what he has in mind for your pool and where he is getting the material.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.