Pool Builder Bids in Dallas, Texas

Oct 16, 2017
Dallas, Texas
New to the site and pool building so hello all! We are considering building a pool in our backyard located in east Dallas (Lakewood area). We are in the process of receiving bids from the following PBs:

Venture Custom Pools
Custom Outdoor Trends
Riverbend Sandler
Hauk Custom Pools
Living Water Custom Pools

Putting aside costs/designs for each of these builders, I'm interested in hearing about any experiences any of you have had with one of the above PBs. I think this will help me to narrow down which company we ultimately decide to go with for the job.

Thanks in advance!

Hi and welcome to TFP. What a fun but scary time in your life.

I am sure you noticed that no one replied to your post. That is because TFP is here to teach people how to care for their own pool. A off shoot of that is we can help guide someone with their build thread as far as what equipment to get and use.

What we suggest is you ask the above PB (pool builders) for their references. Call or go by the people they refer you to and ask "Would you have them do work for you again?". Once you pull that string other comments should follow.

Once you get quotes from some PBs (we suggest at least 3 trying for 5 if possible) share them here and we can/will go over them and help you tweak to get the best pool for your yard.

Kim:kim:

Great advice from kimkats. Wish I could give you advice on those specific builders, but haven't heard of them. We're in Tarrant County and got 6 bids when we built ours, but it seems that a lot of the area builders pretty much stick to certain areas.

Like Kim said, I'd suggest getting as many bids as you can. You'll see pretty quickly that you'll be able to narrow it down based on a lot of factors, i.e., price, design, upgrades you get with one and not the other, referrals/testimonials from past customers, or even just a general feel for the company or sales rep. We narrowed ours down to 2 pretty quick and I'd have been happy with either since they both had great reps and came recommended from people I knew who had used them. One just threw in a few more things for the same price, and that was the difference. And the folks here can be a great help in the process.

We were between Riverbend and Living Water. The bids were comparable but LW gave us some direction and seemed to really care about the overall outcome our our pool. We are in final stages awaiting inspection and plaster and I could not be more pleased. Our contractor, Dave, has been amazing. I get daily updates or more depending on the work being done. Hes given us very honest expectations and timelines. Again, we could not be more pleased with their service.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.