Pool Build-Oklahoma

They are planning on doing gunite tomorrow but we had a ton of rain today...

Does this pose any problems? Ok to do gunite on wet soil?

Thanks!

Adam

Yes, it is fine to shoot gunite on wet soil. My PB hoses the site down before shooting gunite to help expand the clay soil under the pool. I've seen builds where the gunite crew pumps water out of the hole and then shoots the gunite. And concrete needs moisture to cure. PB should have you watering the gunite for a week or two.

You can shoot gunite in wet soil but not into standing water or mud. Your Gunite crew will check this before they shoot. They should also look for areas where the rain may have moved the soil in the excavation. If there is too much touch up they may tell the PB to do it and come back another day.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
1 day to plaster, acid wash the next and then fill... 2-3 day process. I'm in the middle of it right now. They plastered Thursday afternoon, acid washed yesterday morning and pool is half full now.

That seems like a long gap - was tile / coping / decking material backordered? Or was it just weather related? We are in the same boat - lightning fast upto gunite and plumbing. Then no work for last 10 days because of weather. Not sure when we will be back on schedule.

What type / color of plaster are you going with?

Hang in there... It will get done sometime. There is still time to finish before the summer. Just make sure they do that at least so you can have time to enjoy in the summer. Mine build was the longest.... From start to getting the final inspection and pass was 12 months! So hang in there. I know it is tough...

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Gap was due to the pool builder...weather here has been pretty good, just a couple of days of rain. He just didn't show up for a bunch of days...

We are doing a light blue pebblesheen.

That seems like a long gap - was tile / coping / decking material backordered? Or was it just weather related? We are in the same boat - lightning fast upto gunite and plumbing. Then no work for last 10 days because of weather. Not sure when we will be back on schedule.

What type / color of plaster are you going with?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.