Pool Build - North Texas

Well congrats to you Aflick...that is going to be a very nice pool. We just finished our build in Northlake and we are overjoyed with having a pool. You are ahead of the game with pics, signature line and a member as well...look at you go! I will be following and if there are any questions I know a few folks that love to help. In fact I'm sure a few of them will be responding soon. Congrats again....

Welcome, Aflick, to TFP!!! Wow, North Texas is going to dominate Texas this summer!!!

Great design. Ya'll have really made great use of your space! Your rock waterfall will be nice!

Let us know what questions you have!! Cliff (ctrav) is right, we all love to help. We wouldn't be here if we didn't!

Take care,
Suz

- - - Updated - - -

Amalgamate: Welcome to you, too! Have you started your own pool build thread? If this is your first pool to go through the build process, you will definitely want a thread. It's amazing all the questions that come up during a build.

Follow Aflick's lead and post pictures and create your signature. You can always update and edit the signature as you go along. The more information everyone on TFP has, the better we can help. And everyone helps, even newbies. At the very least, everyone's got an opinion, right?!!! Lol!!!

Join the fun and learn a lot!
Take care,
Suz

Amalgamate: Welcome to you, too! Have you started your own pool build thread? If this is your first pool to go through the build process, you will definitely want a thread. It's amazing all the questions that come up during a build.

Follow Aflick's lead and post pictures and create your signature. You can always update and edit the signature as you go along. The more information everyone on TFP has, the better we can help. And everyone helps, even newbies. At the very least, everyone's got an opinion, right?!!! Lol!!!

Join the fun and learn a lot!
Take care,
Suz

Thanks Suz! I haven't yet.... I was actually just thinking about it. I think I'm going to in the next day or so.

Congrats!! I'm also in prosper and just signed a contract so I'll be following pretty close. Who did you get bids from and who did you end up choosing for PB?

PM sent with info.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you Ctrav and Suzfromtexas for the work welcome!

I have been lurking around for a few weeks picking up tidbits on things to include in the build. Between everything I have learned on this site along with input from the 5-6 builders we spoke with, we are hoping that we have not missed anything.

PM sent with info.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you Ctrav and Suzfromtexas for the work welcome!

I have been lurking around for a few weeks picking up tidbits on things to include in the build. Between everything I have learned on this site along with input from the 5-6 builders we spoke with, we are hoping that we have not missed anything.

I'm interested in this too. We are in the process of getting designs and bids. I curious who you worked with and ultimately selected.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Look at all of the BLUE BLING! Love it and that design is awesome! I can't wait to see more!

Kim:kim:

I used a lot of glass tile, and I think ya'll have picked the best places to use it! It is gorgeous under water - that's where it sparkles the most. Ya'll will love it. And that blue glass is heaven!

Welcome Aflick - Remember to feed the TFP crew with pictures as soon as the first thing happens. Looks like you did your homework and the renderings are awesome as are your tile/plaster selections.

Thank you all! The blue glass tiles do have a shimmer (almost like a mirror reflection) to them when you look at them from an angle. I am not sure if this is a good thing or not, but it is what my wife wanted. I guess it will help differentiate the blue pebble finish from the glass tile when looking at it from an angle.

Let the mud begin! Go out and measure everything. Add about 6" for the gunite and plaster. It is long, wide, deep, etc enough? NOW is the time to fix or tweak as needed/wanted.

Your fence? How tall is it? Why the steel poles instead of wood uprights? What does the back door/gate open up to? That thing looks SOLID! WOW!

Kim:kim:

We have an 8 ft fence. Wood poles would rot, so our HOA dictates metal uprights. The back gate opens to a city park...and it opens outward, so we are good. The back fence is actually set in a retaining wall so it is not going anywhere unless the wall falls down.

There were some minor plumbing issues that were corrected today and tomorrow the gunite is being installed. Otherwise, all measurements are good. The deep end is a little deep, but they said the gunite will fill it in.

We will be using chlorine.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.