Pool Build in Socal moving full steam ahead!! DONE!!!

Few questions:

In the original 3D images it looks like the spa was raised but the subsequent pics show it level set. Did you decide to change for some reason or was the 3D image incorrect?

Also, the NPT Stonescapes mini pebble "custom" color you went with, was the color based off of one of their existing choices? I'm curious as I will be going with this finish as well but can't decide which color. The pics on their website don't provide enough pics and the pics when Googled are few at best. Leaning towards Aqua White and Aqua Blue but I have plenty of time to figure it out as I haven’t broken ground yet.

jv92red said:
Few questions:

In the original 3D images it looks like the spa was raised but the subsequent pics show it level set. Did you decide to change for some reason or was the 3D image incorrect?

Also, the NPT Stonescapes mini pebble "custom" color you went with, was the color based off of one of their existing choices? I'm curious as I will be going with this finish as well but can't decide which color. The pics on their website don't provide enough pics and the pics when Googled are few at best. Leaning towards Aqua White and Aqua Blue but I have plenty of time to figure it out as I haven’t broken ground yet.

We had originally planned on just raising the spa, but the PB goofed a bit and didn't figure on so much slope to the rear yard. On the first day of construction, they brought a transit and discovered the error in their ways. The PB ended up eating the cost of the raised bond beam, but I agreed to pay for the extra concrete to form the steps up on the raised level.

I'm not exactly sure what the formula is, but I have compared the colors with samples from the stock list. It looks like my plaster is Tahoe Blue with an addition of abalone shells for a sparkle affect.

denaw said:
I would Love to see the finished project with the grass and landscaping!
It is absolutely Beautiful!
Dena

Still a work in progress... still need to start the build of the Pavilion style gazebo, bar under the gazebo and some kind of finishing for the rear wall. Adding a few more plants is also in the works.

2yltv86.jpg

34g0x2h.jpg

2w4go3l.jpg

You can see a little of the reflection from the abalone shells on deep end seat
35iwppd.jpg

zkjyus.jpg

L8foregolf said:
So, I was thinking of going with the Abalone shells can you see the sparkle or shine? Do you think it adds that much pop?

Personally, I love the look of the abalone shells. If it isn't that much of an upgrade cost, I would have your PB add them to the plaster. If you look in the pics above, you can see some reflection of the shells on the seat in the deep end of the pool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.