Pool Build - California Dreaming - 3 Years Closer

Re: Pool Build - California Dreaming - Still Dreaming......

Thanks Carl for following my build.

To answer your question, the shower is next to the coping, in line with the columns for symetry sake. The water falls squarely on the patch of rock between the pool side of the volleyball court and the putting green. Here is a picture of it almost complete since the other pictures I posted were taken prior to its completion. I used some shower parts (valves, stem, head, etc.) recycle from our interior renovation two years ago.
Let me know your thoughts. All the best.

Attachments

• photo shower.jpg
    photo shower.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 963
  • photo shower 2.jpeg
    photo shower 2.jpeg
    128.8 KB · Views: 963

Yep, that's what I thought that column was - very nice! I love the look of the tile!

Will the space in front of it be those pebbles, or will you lay down some pavers for the people showering to stand on? Do you have hot and cold water? I would think just cold except that you do everything top quality with incredible attention to detail so I could see you tying in hot water too :wink: !

Thanks no mas for the complement.

carl - I intend to put in a slightly raised teak or artificial wood shower pad surrounded by the rock. Under the rock in the vicinity are three drains. Currently there is only cold water. When the pool house is built, there will be a full bath so I thought it would be slightly redundant. Thanks again

I may have not mentioned it but the countertop is now installed and the fiber optic lighting the embedded glass is now connected to the Fiberstar illuminator. The brightness and the colors are "brilliant" ! :party:

I am very pleased with the overall impact of my design. I will post a couple pictures if my camera can get a good image.

All the best.

As promised, here are a couple shots of the swim up bar counter - one with the fiber illuminator on, another with the firebowl in the background (to get a feel of the ambience) and one in the daytime.

As you can see the night-time result is impressive with the glass embedded in the concrete and backed by fiber glowing quite brightly.

Let me know your thoughts. All the best to the TFP community.

Attachments

• swim up photo 2.JPG
    swim up photo 2.JPG
    470 KB · Views: 858
  • photo (2).JPG
    photo (2).JPG
    301.1 KB · Views: 848
  • photo (3).JPG
    photo (3).JPG
    259.9 KB · Views: 839

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

I'm so impressed Spillmar! Not only by this amazing build of yours but also from the way you write and answer peoples questions. Always with this humble and loving style, I just love it! You are from now on my Troublefreepool raw model. To try to become that loving person you seems to be is the number one goal for me :-D Second goal would be trying to build something close to what you have done( probably easier to win on the lotto but you got to dream right??).

To be honest Spillmar I'm pretty satisfied with what I've got. To me satisfaction and to be happy and content of what I've got becomes more and more a key word in my life. It must be age realted, don't you think? :roll: But I can still dream and think it would be nice to wake up to that backyard of yours :)

Hands down for you my friend and keep up the good work.... :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

True, so true Nightmare. Noone wants to see this boy raw. Lol. Regardless, Matts bar none has the better physique.

Matts, you are there my friend. You have a wonderful manner about you and your kindness is reflected in the beauty of your family. God has blessed you. As I mentioned earlier in this thread you inspired me with your meticulous extraordinary build. Thank you.

This weekend I returned from a business trip but promptly got to work. I installed a weatherproof LCD tv behind the swim up counter. I found a rather new automated lift on CL that lifts the tv and then rotates it in any direction by remote. I also fashioned some acrylic rods I ordered by mail from a plastics company as flagsticks in the golf holes. The fiber optic illuminators send light up the poles. Now the putting green at night becomes a focal point for get togethers.

I'll post some more pictures soon. I may be starting to get overboard ?!

linen said:
spillmar said:
I may be starting to get overboard ?!
Maybe...but since I am living the dream through you and your pictures, please don't stop ::epds:: It's amazing to see what you have done!
X2 :cheers: :cheers:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.