Pool Build - California Dreaming - 3 Years Closer

Re: Pool Build - California Dreaming

I've been following this all along spillmar...let me pick my jaw up off the floor now that the water is in...GORGEOUS!!!! :party: Great job..and I know you'll catch up on the pool chemistry thing. We're all here for ya. BIG CONGRATS!!!! You'll be living the LIFE soon...been awhile coming, but it's been worth it. :cheers:

WOW!

That is just incredible. Give yourself some extra lovin tonight :~}

I'm so stalkin your pool someday... It's only a thousand miles or so. I can make it hitchhiking down I-5 if I take my top off, pretty sure...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Thanks Flippy, I'll post some night pics below.

Lershac, LOL, but too bad it's not true as those bricks would come in handy now. Thanks for the compliments and I'll make sure to send you a hammock when you're done. Below are some pictures of the steps with the star floor lights. Mine are lit with a Fiberstars fiber optic metal halide illuminator. I know they make them with LED light drivers now.

Thanks Pisces, same to you on your pool build. It's gorgeous as well, so your kudos are a highly valued compliment.

Frogabog, thanks for the kind words and the support. I appreciate your helping me on the chemistry questions. BTW I purchased a TigerShark QC cleaner today to handle the cleaning and will begin chlorine treatment in a day or two once most of the plaster dust is gone. What road was that again....:}

Thanks Guam guy - next item is to finish the swim up bar counter; it will be polished poured concrete with fiber optic lit glass aggregate; and then the firebowls on the columns. I am building my own with the help of a licensed plumber who will make sure I do not blow myself up.

Looking great!

Question for you: can you disable the fountains at the swim up bar individually? It appears that two of the seats get splashed on when the fountains are running?

Yes Carlscan, each of the spouts have their own valves and can be closed individually or cranked up to go over head.

Night photos - I will be adding some side glow cable in the spa and around the bar under the coping once the counter is completed.

Attachments

• IMG_4071_1555x1166.jpg
    IMG_4071_1555x1166.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 451
  • IMG_4070_1555x1166.jpg
    IMG_4070_1555x1166.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 454
  • IMG_4065_1555x1166.jpg
    IMG_4065_1555x1166.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 453

A couple more - shots of the laminars at deep end and a side view of the swim up bar spouts. Some side glow fiber cable under the swim up bar counter should light those submerged bar stools up nicely at night.

Attachments

• IMG_4045_1555x1166.jpg
    IMG_4045_1555x1166.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 450
  • IMG_4050_1555x1166.jpg
    IMG_4050_1555x1166.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 449
  • IMG_4052_1555x1166.jpg
    IMG_4052_1555x1166.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 448

Here are a few random shots and one nice pic showing the view from inside the grill area area which feels like one is looking at a reverse infinity pool.

Attachments

• IMG_4064_1555x1166.jpg
    IMG_4064_1555x1166.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 452
  • IMG_4054_1555x1166.jpg
    IMG_4054_1555x1166.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 450
  • IMG_4057_1555x1166.jpg
    IMG_4057_1555x1166.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 451

Mann that is one gorgeous pool :goodjob: :whoot: :party:
In regards to your pool start, I remember that our PB just used a bunch of chlorine tablets and about 3 small bags of shock. He told me to just monitor the PH using muriatic acid and only chlorine for the first 30 days. At 29 days he hooked up the salt and added a few bags of salt and then we did the monitoring ourselves :cheers: Hope this helps :cheers: :cheers:

Thanks Brentr for all the support. At night it really is fabulous; feels like we are at a resort. The fun part is the hillside neighbors behind us looking down on us from their porches and awing as if they're at a fireworks display. It really is also fun for my two girls and wifey most of all as it brings them joy (and thus me joy) at the same time they see and can appreciate their blessings and see what hard work can create.

Spillmar, I am dying to see your finished summer kitchen. Just a thought, have you made provisions for extra seating for guests around the summer kitchen when they are not in the pool?

Cant say much other than that is a truly spectacular pool. Absolutely gorgeous. Now youd better get a whole bunch of bleach and get busy in pool school. Youve spent all your time in this thread when you werent working on the pool! Order your kit too BTW. Congrats on a beauty of a pool once again.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.