Pool Build - Baltimore

Thanks Suz. I'm not sure exactly. They have naturalized some and may be a more generic version. Some appear to have multiple colors coming from the same clump.

Late to this thread but that allows one to see before and after without the weeks and months in between.

What at a beautiful setting and pool. Always loved the character of the Maryland yards when we lived up there.

Thanks Goob!

I just did some math on FC usage now that we are at the hottest point of the summer. Knowing that my T-15 salt cell produces 1.45 lbs of chlorine gas per day and with the help of PoolMath, I determined that my pool uses a little under 1.5 PPM of FC per day. I am running the cell for the equivalent of 5 hours per day (10 hours at 50% on low speed for more skimmimg). I'm quite pleased with that. I keep my CYA between 70-80.

I also noticed that the chlorine gas bubbles from my cell are MUCH more prominent as the water temperature gets into the mid and upper 80's. I hadn't noticed that correlation before. It then stands to reason that with more bubbles, I'm seeing more pH rise even with the same TA since their is more out-gassing going on. Not sure if that's actually true but it all fits together in my mind.

The only swimmers in our pool now are furry. The water color in this picture is the reason we chose a grey finish. I also think the now lower sun angle accentuates the look.

2017-10-03 09.29.40.jpg

Beautiful pool build- love the decking! Could you tell me how far the concrete decking goes from the pool past the pavillion? As we're gearing up for our build this year, I'm trying to get a good idea of what kind of space we need/ would like. We're a bit limited on space and I've measured up our pool deck furniture (loungers, table, chairs, etc.) so I know we will be able to fit what we want in, but it's nice seeing actual examples of what others have done with pool deck space.

Beautiful pool build- love the decking! Could you tell me how far the concrete decking goes from the pool past the pavillion? As we're gearing up for our build this year, I'm trying to get a good idea of what kind of space we need/ would like. We're a bit limited on space and I've measured up our pool deck furniture (loungers, table, chairs, etc.) so I know we will be able to fit what we want in, but it's nice seeing actual examples of what others have done with pool deck space.

Thank you! It is 5’ from the pool to pavilion posts (including the 1’ coping since its really deck space) and 10’ more to the fence on that side.

Most will recommend to maximize your deck space, and I certainly do.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks much! Can’t wait for the swim season to kick in here in Maryland. I’ve pumped 6” of rain off my cover this week.

Finally got some nice night shots. They are a touch brighter than real life but not much.

dbtgallery.php

full

full

full

dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

Last edited:
Thanks. The red can not be selected independently on them. However, in one of the sequences, about every 10th time through, it goes to red briefly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.