pool bonding

Yep, closed circle, then attach spokes to whatever you need to connect. For me with an all resin pool, I will have one spoke to my skimmer, and one spoke to my wall connector bar. Eventually a last spoke to my pump.

Reactions: magiteck
I used a mix of these bonding lugs and split bolt connectors. Make sure whatever you buy is copper and rated to be buried (will have DB stamped on the connector). I used a plate in my skimmer connected to a copper lug > ran copper down to one of the bolts where the wall came together then from there went around my pool then also ran a wire to the bonding screw on my pump and connected all the wire together making a bonding grid. The inspector was fine with that - complained that newer pools don't have 4 points to bond around the pool as I did not do that - only tied into where the wall comes together. I would reach out to your local building department for their interpretation of the building code. Also I used a landscape edger to go around the pool and push the copper wire down so I didn't have to dig a trench.

View attachment 175526View attachment 175527
Hey what type of fasteners did you use to attached to the pool?

Semi inground here. I agree with the others, check with your local building inspector to see what they want. The company who installed my pool did NOT install a bolt through the plates between the wall panels which are specifically designed for bonding. My building inspector didn't like the idea of a self-tapper into the thin aluminum shell and neither did I. We settled on a heavier self-tapping hex head bolt threaded into the steel plates at the bottom of the panels at the seams, and I did do 4 points around the pool. Luckily I checked with building department before backfilling or I'd have been digging back down a couple feet. I also am pouring concrete around the perimeter, so I've got rebar that has to be bonded, rebar in my existing patio that's already tied together/stubbed out at one location and I've got the skimmer plate and pump tied in as well.

I only bonded the skimmer - which bonded the water and then put a connector on one of the bolts where the wall comes together. My inspector didn't require bonding 4 points around the pool. Which one are you asking about?

I used this specifically to attach to one of the wall bolts.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.