WPB, Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
I have a pool that is about 11 years old and I would like to update the automation side of things. I do not even know what I have, lol, but I will post pictures at the bottom of the post.

I know my system is all Jandy. I have the Handy PDA remote, a variable speed pump, a CS200 filter, Gulfstream 5 ton heater and a Jandy salt cell (1400 iirc) along with a couple of automated valves.

What I would like to achieve with this update is the following:
- Be able to control things with my phone instead of the old remote control
- Be able to easily program my variable speed pump to run at different speeds throughout the day. Say low speed for 8 hrs to keep the cell happy and then high speed for another 2 hrs to turn over the water.

What is the easiest/cheapest way to accomplish this? iAqualink? Do I need an add on or a whole new control system?

Thanks!

i-KkS7TSG-X2.jpg

i-fHrStFn-X2.jpg

i-5LBgzcK-X2.jpg

i-9WVd33p-X2.jpg

I have a pool that is about 11 years old and I would like to update the automation side of things. I do not even know what I have, lol, but I will post pictures at the bottom of the post.

I know my system is all Jandy. I have the Handy PDA remote, a variable speed pump, a CS200 filter, Gulfstream 5 ton heater and a Jandy salt cell (1400 iirc) along with a couple of automated valves.

What I would like to achieve with this update is the following:
- Be able to control things with my phone instead of the old remote control
- Be able to easily program my variable speed pump to run at different speeds throughout the day. Say low speed for 8 hrs to keep the cell happy and then high speed for another 2 hrs to turn over the water.

What is the easiest/cheapest way to accomplish this? iAqualink? Do I need an add on or a whole new control system?

Thanks!

i-KkS7TSG-X2.jpg

i-fHrStFn-X2.jpg

i-5LBgzcK-X2.jpg

i-9WVd33p-X2.jpg
Jandy iQ30-RS upgrade kit. Easiest. Cheapest is never a part of a discussion of pool products. It can be found for +/-$980.00 - $1450.00 online. Yes, there is that much of a pricing difference for the same product.

Last edited:
Reactions: wireform
Do you know what your firmware version is? In short, you need the Wi-Fi antenna and the RS board which will replace your pda board. You can find this on eBay. Price will range from a couple hundred to a thousand or so.

Jandy iQ30-RS upgrade kit. Easiest. Cheapest is never a part of a discussion of pool products. It can be found for +/-$980.00 - $1450.00 online. Yes, there is that much of a pricing difference for the same product.
I get distracted and keep forgetting to come check on my own threads.

That is great info. I knew it would not be cheap, its in the ballpark of what I had in mind.

Do you know what your firmware version is? In short, you need the Wi-Fi antenna and the RS board which will replace your pda board. You can find this on eBay. Price will range from a couple hundred to a thousand or so.
I can check tonight. I assume the firmware version is what appears on the PDA remote when you turn it on, correct?

I can check tonight. I assume the firmware version is what appears on the PDA remote when you turn it on, correct?

It should list version correct.

Convert From:
Jandy AquaLink RS Rev S and prior, AquaLink Rev 6 and prior

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.