Palm springs
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
On our new pool build I keep on getting notifications from the house water leak detector that there is a slow leak we checked all over and found no leaks
Then I heard the autofill for the pool making a Ouse as if it was about to shut off but was filling just a tiny bit. I pushed down the ball for a minute then let go and it stopped letting water thru
I then received a notice that leak had been resolved

Questions:
1. Should the auto fill for pool be connected to the water pipes in the house after it goes thru filter and softener?
2.is the autofill defective? It is supposed to me a new one. It looks like the old toilet ball ones
3. Pool man says he took water from an outside spigot. Shouldn’t the spigots be on a separate water line??
4. Dhall I replace autofill or just bend the ball rod down

You can try and adjust the autofill float and see if you can find a position where the autofill works and your leak detector is happy.

This is where a leak detector is a PITA. The pool autofill should have been plumbed on a line outside the leak detector but was not.

The autofill is working as designed. It allows a little water in over a period of time.

Any chance your water softener was added after the house was built?
Was there softwater loop plumbing installed prior to the softener install?

Using soft water for the autofill is perfect for your location. It will reduce the increasing of CH from your city hard water supply.

As was mentioned, the main line leak detector can be a PITA in your situation.
Is the leak detector adjustable so you can increase the flow rate before it alarms?