Pool Advice

swolk

Jul 24, 2013
Hi everyone, great community here!

We are going to have a pool built and I have some questions. Below is a sketch of the design.
IMG_6302.JPG
The idea of having the raised spa by deep end is to have something to dive from.
1) How far should we extend the spa into deep end? Right now it is about 1'10" but I'm thinking that closer to 1' would be better to save some of the deep end space.
2) There will be a 3 to 4 foot sheer descent centered on raised spa. We were thinking about putting small ledge or bench in front of spa but want to minimize clearance issues if you wanted to dive. What width would be good for bench in deep end? Maybe 12" or 14" centered at spa and taper to 16" at edges for more comfortable seating?
3) LED Bubblers in baja ledge worth it? Builder will charge $2000 - $2400 from 1 to 3 bubblers. We wanted 16" baja ledge depth, so don't think bubblers will be too effective. We have two boys 8 and 10, but am thinking bubblers are better for younger kiddos. Worth the costs or skip?
4) Recommend holes for umbrellas in Baja ledge and spa? What diameter?

Thanks for your help and feedback,

Scott

Welcome. Here are my 2 cents on a couple of your points/questions:

3-4 foot sheet descent centered on the raised spa - How will this work with your spillover? Usually you would not see the spillover and sheer descents on the same wall.

We were thinking about putting small ledge or bench in front of spa but want to minimize clearance issues if you wanted to dive. - Diving/jumping off of a wall with a bench underneath is a bad idea. From your design you have plenty of room to put a bench in other places of the pool that would not be near the diving. If you are absolutely set on this, please use a row of tile along the edge of the bench so it is visible.

Recommend holes for umbrellas in Baja ledge and spa? What diameter? The umbrella holder diameter should be standard. Your design is setup nicely for volleyball, so I would add placement for those poles as well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.