Bird bath birdy

Mar 8, 2024
Tulsa
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I've read the manual and about 8 hours worth of the works on this site. I'm ready but I can't find what my basic levels should be (even reading some other posts). The hot tub is flexible polymeric 190 Gallons. The manual gives me bromine levels (which I'm using and know to ignore CYA )pH and alkaline. So what are my targets? Also, I've done research for the material polymeric... And I use the pool calculator, but it's not any of the listed choices. I guess the closest would be nylon??

*I have not filled it up. I plan on purging it with ahhsome and then cleaning it and then filling it up. So I don't have any numbers yet.

I loaded her in the system and looked at the suggested values, not sure if those are right or just generic in the pool math calculator.

Also, I saw a similar post, but the answers were all over the place.

Last edited:
pH: 7.2 - 7.8
Alk: 50+ (Really depends on what your pH is. If running the Alk at 70 gives you a pH in the good range than that is good for Alk)
CH: Most reccommend 120 - 150. My water out of the tap is super soft. It reads 0 CH right out of the tap. I add enough calcium chloride to bump it up to the ~120ppm range .
Br: 4 - 8ppm. I like running it bit on the high side but as low as 3ppm is also acceptable.

• Love
Reactions: Bird bath birdy
pH: 7.2 - 7.8
Alk: 50+ (Really depends on what your pH is. If running the Alk at 70 gives you a pH in the good range than that is good for Alk)
CH: Most reccommend 120 - 150. My water out of the tap is super soft. It reads 0 CH right out of the tap. I add enough calcium chloride to bump it up to the ~120ppm range .
Br: 4 - 8ppm. I like running it bit on the high side but as low as 3ppm is also acceptable.
Morning friend!

Thank you so much. That made my day. I feel a lot better going into this now. I really appreciate your quick response. Loving the pool math calculator and all the good info on here! The ol' bird bath will be up and running today!

Reactions: JoeSelf and Biggen
yup select vinyl &
Here’s the guide- its all in there
👇

Reactions: JoeSelf