Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Hello!
Our pool is receiving a lot of pollen from oak and various other forms of flora. It's just part of living somewhere with lots of beautiful trees and grasses. I would put the cover on for a few days but it hasn't arrived yet because the pool builder is plumbing new depths of incompetence.
In the interim I remove all the pollen with the net and in floor but the very fine stuff swirls around in the skimmer cavity (hole? place the basket lives?) and I could get that too if I had the right tool. It DOES make its make on to the pre filter, the pump filter, and no doubt the cartridge filter. Given the volume I'm talking about here...it can pretty quickly clog up the whole deal.
I am sure this device exists but can someone name it for me please?

Thanks

Use hairnets or 'skimmer socks' over the skimmer basket. Fine mesh hair nets are much cheaper because the word 'pool' is nowhere in the item description.

They will collect crud, then the crud will collect even more crud. Change them out daily or as needed.

I use hairnets and they work great!!

In fact they work so great that they can clog pretty quickly this time a year. Make sure you initially check on them very often until you get a feel for how soon they need to be changed.

I have two sets of baskets that I can change out quickly. This allows me to take out the dirty baskets and quickly stick in the clean ones, then I have plenty of time to replace the hairnets and get the dirty set clean and ready for the next round.

Note that I run my pump at a low RPM, so I keep a rock in the basket to prevent the hairnet from floating up.

Hairnets 1.jpg

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.