Poll for Users of Variable Speed Pumps - Please Read

Does your variable speed pump collect air in the strainer basket at low speeds?

• Total voters
Same issue with Intelliflo XF connected to 1.5" piping. Persistent air pocket in the pump but it never seems to lose prime. I have to bleed air out of the Pentair cartridge filter every other day. I'm wondering if there is an automatic way to bleed air? just worried if i'm away at the cottage for two weeks what will happen to air buildup.

My Jandy CL340 cartridge filter has a "breather tube assembly" that automatically bleeds any air at the top of the filter on a continual basis. It's basically just a small tube (with a screen filter at the end) that starts with its open end at the very top of the filter and connects into the manifold assembly that takes water from the inside of the cartridges to go out of the tank that holds the cartridges. Doesn't your filter have something similar? See page 14 in this manual.

No the one of the Pentair 420 is a manual bleeder valve which sucks if you're not around for prolonged periods like me:(. I was hoping I could snap in some sort of automatic release instead of the factory manual release. It is just a threaded part that goes into the top

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.