Silver Supporter
Jul 5, 2023
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Just curious if anyone has a good theory on length of pole for cleaning attachments. im 16x35 with a full length bench. Im debating on a 12 foot and a 16 foot pole. I fear that the 16 is bigger than needed and may be a little heavy for my wife.

all input is greatly appreciated.

Are they extendable? Most poles are extendable.

get the pole that is easiest to use as you walk around. You won’t stand in one spot - imangine circling the pool…

Are they extendable? Most poles are extendable.

get the pole that is easiest to use as you walk around. You won’t stand in one spot - imangine circling the pool…
ive been using a really cheap pole and want to invest in a easier to use nice one. im looking at the protuff 12 and 16 which are both collapsable

Just get a 16 protuff. It's great. I bought a 12 with the twist lock last year and the lock cracked already so I just bought a protuff. 12 was way too short for the deep end. My pool is 20x40. 16 is much better

My vote would be the 12 - both for storing and for ease of use. The easier to use the more you will use it plus the less fatigued you will be

Reactions: Fathead657
Just get a 16 protuff. It's great. I bought a 12 with the twist lock last year and the lock cracked already so I just bought a protuff. 12 was way too short for the deep end. My pool is 20x40. 16 is much better
how deep is your pool? im only 6.5 and your pool is at least 50 percent bigger than mine
Wait - 12 extends to 24 and 16 to 32 or is 12 and 16 the max? If those are max and it collapses to 6’ and 8’ then i change my vote to the 8-16’
i would assume its 6-12 and 8-16 or pretty close to those measurements

how deep is your pool? im only 6.5 and your pool is at least 50 percent bigger than mine

i would assume its 6-12 and 8-16 or pretty close to those measurements
Deep end is 8feet. Are you happy with your current pole length? The protuff is a little heavier than my old pole.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I bought the protuff 16 and will say it's a great product as I've been using it 2 months but I will say it is a good bit heavier then anything else I've had in the past. If weight is an issue look to see comparisons regarding weight.

I use my twist lock lightweight aluminum pole for skimming only. Don't really need a strong lock for that. I use the Pro Tuff for brushing, vacuuming, and using the leaf rake. With two poles, there's less changing out attachments.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.