Polaris VRX iQ+ 5 second run

RGreen

Jul 23, 2023
Houston, TX
My Polaris runs for about 5 seconds before it stops and I get the Error Code “10” which I know is a function of communication. I performed the following:

1. I cleaned the cable connector pins from the cable float going into the power controller.
2. I checked for loose wires in the cable connector.
3. The propeller turns for 5 seconds before stopping and the Error Code 10 comes on.

Is the 5 second run a sign of a bad mother board or can it be something else?

Good morning and welcome to TFP! :wave: Looks like your question has been sitting for a couple weeks so I wanted to see if you found a resolution. Not sure how many members have gone through the same diagnosis attempts as you, but bumping this thread may get more eyes on it for you. :bump:

Also see ------> Pool Care Basics

My Polaris runs for about 5 seconds before it stops and I get the Error Code “10” which I know is a function of communication. I performed the following:

1. I cleaned the cable connector pins from the cable float going into the power controller.
2. I checked for loose wires in the cable connector.
3. The propeller turns for 5 seconds before stopping and the Error Code 10 comes on.

Is the 5 second run a sign of a bad mother board or can it be something else?
Ive had mine for over a year and it just started having issues, no Error code it just shuts off.
The caddy and control unit stay behind the bar area in the shade all year. Dedicated breaker and outlet - both work.
When I plug in power cable to the outlet the control unit turns on and then turns off.
outlet >> power cable >> control unit >> swivel cable >> cleaner

Some troubleshooting -
unplugged the power cable from the outlet and the swivel cable from the control unit
plugged the power cable back into the outlet and the control unit stays on.
outlet >> power cable >> control unit --disconnected-- swivel cable >> cleaner

plugged the swivel cable back into the control unit and control unit shut off

I'm guessing there is something wrong with the swivel cable or the cleaner unit. If you figure out what's wrong with yours please update the thread. Replacing a new pool cleaner wasn't on my bigno card for this year. :cry:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.