Polaris Quattro Sport

simbers

Oct 2, 2023
Montgomery, TX
I have a 2 year old Polaris Quattro. Noticed that it wasn't doing its job - it is turning in wide right hand circles. I thought it would be just worn out gear or tires. Checked the gears - they're fine. Replaced the rubber tires. No change in behavior. Still doing right hand circles. Took it all apart. Found that the drive shaft was broken. So I got that in the mail today and replaced the drive shaft. And yes...no change! It's still turning in right hand circles. Any thoughts on what my problem could be? Thanks for any help....

I have a Polaris Quattro Sport and I have messed around with it a bit (replaced drive shaft, etc...). If the drive shaft was broken and it is doing the exact same thing before and after, that's interesting. I say this because I had a broken drive shaft and the symptom was one of the turbines wasn't turning, but the unit was still going in a straight line. In your case, something that is supposed to move at the same time, is slower on one side causing the turning. See the items below.

But I will say one way to tell is pull the unit out of the pool, take the top cover off (using the 4 screws), then hold the unit with one hand where the wheels aren't sitting on anything and can move freely, then move each wheel slowly, and see what the other 3 wheels are doing. That should help get closer to the problem. It may not have anything to do with the items below. Could have something stuck in there on one side or around one wheel.

Also, check if one wheel's rubber is worn more than another's. That could indicate it is dragging and that would get you closer to the cause.

I have a Polaris Quattro Sport and I have messed around with it a bit (replaced drive shaft, etc...). If the drive shaft was broken and it is doing the exact same thing before and after, that's interesting. I say this because I had a broken drive shaft and the symptom was one of the turbines wasn't turning, but the unit was still going in a straight line. In your case, something that is supposed to move at the same time, is slower on one side causing the turning. See the items below.

But I will say one way to tell is pull the unit out of the pool, take the top cover off (using the 4 screws), then hold the unit with one hand where the wheels aren't sitting on anything and can move freely, then move each wheel slowly, and see what the other 3 wheels are doing. That should help get closer to the problem. It may not have anything to do with the items below. Could have something stuck in there on one side or around one wheel.

Also, check if one wheel's rubber is worn more than another's. That could indicate it is dragging and that would get you closer to the cause.
Thank you. I will try that. It should be the tires. I replaced the rubber on all four for my first attempt at fixing. But it’s a good idea to see if the right side isn’t rotating the same as the left, thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.