Polaris PB4SQ Booster Pump leaking from body

But but but … that guy!! He built a boat out of Flex Seal?!?!?!!! It’s true, I saw it on TV ….
Yup. And all of his TV demos is not showing high pressure leak stoppage.

Yup. And all of his TV demos is not showing high pressure leak stoppage.

You mean … HE LIED TO US?!?!?!!!

Drama Queen Fainting GIF by Skrz.cz

Hi All,

I had the same issue - twice. The first time Leslie Pool Supply replaced the entire pump under warranty. Last month (8 months after the last replacement) I had the same issue. Leaking from the pump housing (part # R0723100). This time Leslie said they could not help and could not get the part. I called Polaris, explained that I’ve had the same issue twice in less that 20 months. They advised that the part has been redesigned and agreed to send me the new part. I’ve now received the new pump housing and it is installed. I’ve included a few pictures of the old part showing the crack and side by side of the old and new parts. You can see the added reinforcement on the underside and inside around the inlet.

Best regards

Tony
Same issue. Housing replaced. Very weak design and failed pump pressure stresses.

IMG_5156 (1).jpg

Hi All,

I had the same issue - twice. The first time Leslie Pool Supply replaced the entire pump under warranty. Last month (8 months after the last replacement) I had the same issue. Leaking from the pump housing (part # R0723100). This time Leslie said they could not help and could not get the part. I called Polaris, explained that I’ve had the same issue twice in less that 20 months. They advised that the part has been redesigned and agreed to send me the new part. I’ve now received the new pump housing and it is installed. I’ve included a few pictures of the old part showing the crack and side by side of the old and new parts. You can see the added reinforcement on the underside and inside around the inlet.

Best regards

Tony
Do you happen to know the part number for the replacement housing? I’m in the same situation and need to get that part if possible

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It’s a known defect and that makes it more of a recall situation than a warranty.

Ask again.

In any case, replacement is the only option.

The pressure is too high to repair.

If I might ask, "after having seen several of these leaks"...what was the actual problem causing the leak? I am having the exact same issue at the exact same place on the PB4SQ but am not under warranty due to it being almost two years old and I installed it myself. The leak just started today, and I am trying to find some answers before I start tearing it apart. Any help would be greatly appreciated by me and a number of members on this site.
I've seen the same exact issue multiple times in the same exact area coming out of the stamped part of the housing where the label is. It's a defect due to poor quality materials and QC. This one (pic) was installed just over a year ago, warranty expired a couple of months ago, and the customer is ******.

Attachments

• PXL_20230930_150218910~2.jpg
    PXL_20230930_150218910~2.jpg
    494.8 KB · Views: 10

Mine is leaking too from a pinhole on side of pump
Body! What do we do? Any warranty from Polaris?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.