Polaris Eos Command Center Board - Issues Lead to Questions

david92127

Jun 6, 2023
Hi all, new to the board but wanted to say hello and ask a question of those on the board with familiarity with Polaris EOS Controllers. I started having issues a few months ago with the system randomly changing the date and time. Regardless of how many times I reset it, it would generally advance the date and time, screwing up my pool operating times (San Diego, Time of Use on Electricity so I run it after 12am). I had a feeling there was a small, (hopefully) replaceable watch-type battery that I would be able to replace for an easy fix. No such luck. I have attached photos of the Command Board, and I believe there is a battery but from my inspection of it, you cannot replace it based on how it is installed.

Anyone with any experience here? I bought the home in 2010 and I believe the pool was installed 4-5 years prior to that. It doesn't look like there are replacement Command Boards available online. If I need to replace the system, what would you recommend that will integrate with Jandy valve actuators? Thanks in advance for any help or advice here.

Attachments

• IMG_2829.jpg
    IMG_2829.jpg
    415 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2830.jpg
    IMG_2830.jpg
    425.5 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2832.jpg
    IMG_2832.jpg
    352.5 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2833.jpg
    IMG_2833.jpg
    361.5 KB · Views: 1
That appears to be a capacitor. I wonder if they're using that in lieu of a RTC battery. Even worse, it looks like there's a conformal coating on that part of the board which is always fun to remove.

The EOS systems were pretty uncommon, that's the first install I've actually seen on here. You may be able to find replacement boards on fleabay. As for your other question, most any automation (Pentair, etc) would work with the JVAs, they're fairly generic.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.