Polaris 9300

sd72667 said:
I purchased the Polaris 9300 in August 2010. The robot has done an excellent job at cleaning the pool. It has 2 cleaning cycles. The 1 hour cycle does a decent job. The 3 hour cycle does an excellent job, picking up the smallest dirt particles. But my Polaris 9300 stopped working yesterday. The robot begins to clean, after 1-2 minutes shuts off and the cycle 1 and cycle 2 lights begin to blink on and off. I unplugged the unit for several minutes, let it reset, still the same. I also unplugged the cord from the caddy and plugged it back making sure it was seated and tight. I first tried to email Polaris, but their email address did not work. I then called Polaris, which is made by Zodiac, and was put on hold for 30 minutes. Finally I spoke with a young lady who was extremely helpful. She had me take the canister from the robot and put the robot in the water and turn it on. It still didn't work. She decided to ship out a new power cord and I will install it myself. There are no service centers locally. Once I receive it and install the cord, I will reply here and give the results. I am hoping it fixes the problem. I do recommend the robot. I hope this is a random problem.
I received my new power cord yesterday. The installation was a pain in the **** :? . I had to download the service manual off the internet because Zodiac failed to send a manual with the power cord. Here is the link to the service manual for those who owns the Polaris 9300, http://www.aquaqualitypools.com/polaris ... 0SPORT.pdf I put the robot in the pool this morning and so far it is working great. I used it several hours on cycle 1 and cycle 2. I am hoping I have no more problems.

I have only used my twice and I almost with I got the one with the remote. It had fine dirt in the filter and I didn't see that looking into the pool. It left one leaf that I could see after the 1 1/2 hour cycle but I don't have much stuff in my pool. It also tipped over going over one of the two main drains but fixed itself after about a minute. It also took about a minute to leave the wall area near the ladder as it figured out it couldn't get up the wall there as the ladder was in the way. It didn't even make it to my steps which are on the long side of the pool. It appeared to stay more in the deeper end but I can't say that for sure as I didn't watch it the whole time but it couldn't have gone up the steps as I had a few bugs there and they were still there. All in all it is nice and I'm glad I got it. Beats struggling with a vac and hose and the price was good with http://www.poolsupply4less.com with the $100 visa card rebate.

Hey Polaris 9300 Owners,

Quick question. I currently have the dolphin, which I like, but also hate because cleaning is a PIA. But, one good thing about it is that if you put it in when you have a little bit of an algae outbreak, it will pick up all that algae from the pool floors. The bag is then filled with green sludge that I clean out. It's a great way to help get your algae outbreak under control and cleaned up. Will the polaris pick up algae? Or will the algae pass through the fine mesh cartridge?

Thanks!

I noticed that the first couple of times I ran my Polaris 9300xi, it picked up white stringy stuff that felt organic, almost a slime consistency, but dried quickly. This could have been dead algae. I have nothing greeen, so not sure I answered the question. It's also very good at picking up sand grit as well as large stuff like leaves

Just want to continue to my previous post where I mentioned poolsupply4less.com (Crystal Fresh Pools) had this cleaner for $915 and you also get a $100 Visa Card Rebate so the total would be $815. Before I bought this from them as I see everyone else sells it for 1200 plus I asked if these were new and not reconditioned and they told me yes. Now I see online the 9300 for model 2011 year has different tires and a filter than the one they just sent me. So granted this one they sent is not a repaired one but also is last years model. Not sure what model year the $1200 plus ones are and not sure if it really makes a $300+ difference but thought I'd mention it to anyone looking into buying a 9300.

As posted on another thread, my 9300 stopped working recently, after two summers of use. I did manage to talk with a rep, but he mentionned 3 possibilities, a problem with the power supply, cord or motor head. :|

When I select any of the two cycles, the red light lights up for a second or two, and then both lights start flashing. The cleaner never moves. I've tried with and without the cable connected to the machine, and the same thing happens. In my mind, this could mean that it's either the powersupply, or maybe the cable has lost continuity?

I did leave the cleaner in the pool for long periods of time, and the cable got chewed up by a critter, but that happened a while ago and the cleaner kept working. Since all the parts cost a lot, does anything have a suggestion on how I could troubleshoot this and not buy a bunch of parts for nothing?

Thanks!

BTW, thanks for posting the manual, that's half the battle!

I followed the service manual troubleshooting instructions and found the power supply to be OK, unless it's a "software" issue. I then tested the floating cable for continuity and noticed two things. First, when removing the plug from the motor block, it was wet inside the plug, so the o-ring wasn't keeping the water out. Second, when I tested the 3 prongs for continuity, the middle one had none, so perhaps that the problem. I'll call support tomorrow to see if that prong should have continuity...

I followed the service manual troubleshooting instructions and found the power supply to be OK, unless it's a "software" issue. I then tested the floating cable for continuity and noticed two things. First, when removing the plug from the motor block, it was wet inside the plug, so the o-ring wasn't keeping the water out. Second, when I tested the 3 prongs for continuity, the middle one had none, so perhaps that the problem. I'll call support tomorrow to see if that prong should have continuity...

Hey John, I am having the same issue. Can you please let me know, what did you find, and how did you fix it? thanks Shawn

Hi Shawn,

Sorry for not replying sooner, I somehow didn't see this message earlier. In case this could be of use to anyone, I suspect the problem was water infiltration in the cleaner right down to the electronics. So in my mind, leaving the cleaner for longer than necessary in the pool isn't a good idea. Because it was still under warranty, it was completely replaced with a new unit, that I sold this summer because I rebuilt my pool lately with a dedicated return for a pressure activated Polaris cleaner. No more issues with electronics or twisted cords. However, I recently discovered that the return is broken and needs replacing because the installer didn't know what he was doing... which is a topic of another thread. :mad:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.