Polaris 360 wheels start and then stop

jpb1

Jul 24, 2023
sacramento, ca
The wheels on my 6-week-old Polaris 360 stopped spinning like others in this forum. The tail is still whipping and water is flowing strongly from the jet drives. If I manually spin the single wheel myself, the other 2 wheels will freely spin. I placed a straw over the 3 jets underneath and blasted water through each with a garden hose. After this, the sweep worked nicely for about 10 minutes, but then the wheels stopped again. I actually tried to repeat the process again, this time blasting each jet even more thoroughly. Again, the sweep started up well with the wheels spinning, but again the wheels stopped after a few minutes. Thanks for the help so far ... any advice how I can keep these wheels moving?

The wheels on my 6-week-old Polaris 360 stopped spinning like others in this forum. The tail is still whipping and water is flowing strongly from the jet drives. If I manually spin the single wheel myself, the other 2 wheels will freely spin. I placed a straw over the 3 jets underneath and blasted water through each with a garden hose. After this, the sweep worked nicely for about 10 minutes, but then the wheels stopped again. I actually tried to repeat the process again, this time blasting each jet even more thoroughly. Again, the sweep started up well with the wheels spinning, but again the wheels stopped after a few minutes. Thanks for the help so far ... any advice how I can keep these wheels moving?
You may be getting debris in the jets. Check the filter screen at the wall fitting for the hose.

The small filter where the hose attaches to the wall? On the opposite end of the hose from the Polaris 360? I just took a look and there was 1 real small bit of debris that I flushed out. I'm pretty new to this ... thank you. Wheels are currently spinning. Hopefully, it continues. Thank you for the help.

You may be getting debris in the jets. Check the filter screen at the wall fitting for the hose.
Thank you again for your help. I did clean out the filter and see now that the wheels on the Polaris 360 spin properly most of the time. Not sure why (debris in the jets?), but the wheels will occasionally continue to stop and make me think that I'm back to square one. After I clean out the jets, they will start back up again. Seems like something isn't right though to continue to see this. Generally speaking, our pool is pretty clean ... have a child-proof fence around it and very little debris gets in. I'd be real grateful for any additional ideas. Thank you very much!

Thank you again for your help. I did clean out the filter and see now that the wheels on the Polaris 360 spin properly most of the time. Not sure why (debris in the jets?), but the wheels will occasionally continue to stop and make me think that I'm back to square one. After I clean out the jets, they will start back up again. Seems like something isn't right though to continue to see this. Generally speaking, our pool is pretty clean ... have a child-proof fence around it and very little debris gets in. I'd be real grateful for any additional ideas. Thank you very much!
Little bits of debris getting in there can cause that, if it is in fact sand getting through the filter. You might take the hose off the wall and run the pump a bit and see if you can clear out any dirt that’s in there and try again.

I ultimately gave up and got a robot instead. But it has its own set of issues to deal with.

What type of filter do you have?

When did you last clean your filter?

Stuff is getting through your filter, which it should not be, to clog up the Polaris.

Little bits of debris getting in there can cause that, if it is in fact sand getting through the filter. You might take the hose off the wall and run the pump a bit and see if you can clear out any dirt that’s in there and try again.

I ultimately gave up and got a robot instead. But it has its own set of issues to deal with.
Thank you very much. I will try that.

It may be time for a mid-season clean and to carefully examine the cartridge for any signs of tearing.

How old is the cartridge?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thank you very much. I will try that.
Is the screen in the wall fitting?
E2530__37351.1594843318.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.