Polaris 280 tail sweep inop

I had the exact same problem. There was no water clogged anywhere that I could see, took the unit apart, everything seemed good. Even the tail had water coming out from the end with no issue. I've done all the adjustments with that little pressure screw, both tight and loose, and still having a problem. However, what I finally did was, the little foam at the end of the tail, which I DO change often when it gets old, it was worn. I would have normally changed it by now, but just didn't yet. Figured I should try to solve the problem of a no-sweeping tail first before changing that.

Well, to make a long story short, I finally changed the foam and the tail started sweeping again. So I guess it needs that foam to resist enough pressure on the water that it forces the tail to sweep as the water tries to come out.

Just an FYI If someone is still having the problem, or if someone comes to this thread many moons later.

Good luck. Hope this info helps someone one day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.