Polaris 280 pump shaft not rotating, what’s next to DIY before calling in a professional?

BullishBear

Sep 17, 2022
Austin Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
I have replaced the capacitor as I had one as backup so it’s not the reason. When I turn on the cleaner the shaft rotates a bit and gets stuck. Removed the shaft cap and used a wrench to rotate to clear the clog but the shaft is super tight. I’m able to turn only 180 or max 270 degrees. What would cause such a tight clog? What’s my best next step to try before calling in a professional?

Next step - replacement. If I were you, I'd just replace with a robot. Better cleaning, for far less electrical usage.
I ditched my Polaris a few years back and couldn't be happier.

Call Margaret or Seth and tell them about your pool. They’ll recommend the least expensive robot that’ll get the job done.

Their prices are better than any I’ve heard of and they’ve sold hundreds, if not thousands, of robots to TFP members.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.