Mattden

Jun 6, 2023
Michigan
Hello all.
I had a company open my pool this spring, same company I always use. All went well, but I’m having 2 issues, which I’ve never had before.
1st- my waterfall valve, says off when it is actually on, and says on when it is actually off. Not sure if a valve got turned or what.
2nd- when I have my heater running, if I turn on my slide or my waterfall the water coming out is not hot. Last year while my heater was running and the slide was on, the water coming down the slide would be hot. This year it’s not. It makes me thing a valve or something got turned, but haven’t been able to figure it out. Any ideas.
Thanks

Matt,

On your automated valve for the waterfall, there is a little 3-position switch.. On - Off - On. Just move the switch to the other On position and it fix your waterfall issue.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Matt,

In your pic you have two automated valves.

The valve on the left is closed and the valve on the right is open.

Tell us what each valve controls.

Thanks,

Jim R.
The valve on the left is my waterfall valve. On my electric monitor is says that the waterfall is on, even though the valve is closed. When I hit the button to open it, it says valve 3 closed, which then the waterfall turns on.
The valve on the right is one I don’t use. It’s to a line that comes up in the pool deck, that I believe the previous owners had some type of fountain there or something

Matt,

If you look at the valve actuator on your waterfall valve, you should see a little 3-position switch. On-Off-On.. Just move the switch from where it is now to the other on position, the should solve you water fall issue.

Try that and tell me what happens. Moving the Switch should move the valve to the correct position.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Matt,

If you look at the valve actuator on your waterfall valve, you should see a little 3-position switch. On-Off-On.. Just move the switch from where it is now to the other on position, the should solve you water fall issue.

Try that and tell me what happens. Moving the Switch should move the valve to the correct position.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Thanks Jim, I am at work for the night, I will try this tomorrow. Thank you for your help.
Any thoughts on why the pool slide water isn’t hot when the heater is on, and it has been in all the years past.

Matt,

The valve on the right, the one you do not use, is wide open. So, I have to assume that the other end is capped off. Is that correct?

I don't see anything that has to do with the heater. It seems if it worked before it should work now, unless there is something hidden behind the heater I can not see.

You talk about valve 3, which makes me think there are three automated valves. If that is true, I only see two of them.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Matt,

The valve on the right, the one you do not use, is wide open. So, I have to assume that the other end is capped off. Is that correct?

I don't see anything that has to do with the heater. It seems if it worked before it should work now, unless there is something hidden behind the heater I can not see.

You talk about valve 3, which makes me think there are three automated valves. If that is true, I only see two of them.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Hi Jim, yes the other end is capped.
There are only 2 automated valves.
1 manual valve for the slide.
I’m not sure why the button for the waterfalls is labeled valve 3. There are for sure only 2 automated valves.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Matt,

I don't see anything that would allow the heater to heat the water going through the cell to the pool, and then not heat the water going to the slide. It appears to be the same water to me. The output of the heater goes to both places. :scratch:

Thanks,

Jim R.

Matt,

I don't see anything that would allow the heater to heat the water going through the cell to the pool, and then not heat the water going to the slide. It appears to be the same water to me. The output of the heater goes to both places. :scratch:

Thanks,

Jim R.
That was my thought. I’ll close the one valve that is open, and then adjust my waterfall valve tomorrow. I’ll crank up the heat and see if anything changes. Thank you for all your help..

Reactions: Jimrahbe
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.