Plumbing screwed up???Need help

Thanks Dave. I didn't want it post SWG to prevent shooting highly chlorinated water into the cleaner. So the way they've done it I get dirty water :twisted:
I'm going to insist they change it. But you're sure I will get enough water to SWG and all the rest of the returns and also enough to the booster pump if I put a T at the outlet of the filter??

orthofish said:
Thanks Dave. I didn't want it post SWG to prevent shooting highly chlorinated water into the cleaner. So the way they've done it I get dirty water :twisted:
I'm going to insist they change it. But you're sure I will get enough water to SWG and all the rest of the returns and also enough to the booster pump if I put a T at the outlet of the filter??

If you get enough water pre-filter then you will get enough water post filter.

You could run into a situation when your filter gets dirty, that putting the booster pump post filter could cause flow issues to the SWG and returns. But that will only happen if you filter get very dirty and the fix is to clean the filter, which should be done anyway.

I agree with running the super chlorinated water though the cleaner, I don't like that too much with my setup, but it is minimized and I've not seen any issues with it.

dave

Wow. Way to stay on them.

The booster pump needs to be post filter, as mentioned. The in-line screen will get clogged up very quickly in the current configuration. Putting a 'T' after the filter will be fine. If they're that worried about it, have them install a valve on the line so you can close off water to the cleaner when it's not in use.

Speaking of valves, you need a three way valve for your waste line instead of a ball valve. As it stands if you had a load of silt in the pool and tried to vacuum it out to waste without clogging your filter, you'd still clog the filter.

Point these guys to pages 4-5 of your booster pump owner's manual. On page 4 you'll see "This manual contains information for the proper installation and operation of the Hayward 6060 booster pump. The instructions in this manual MUST be followed precisely. Failure to install according to defined instructions will void warranty."

And on page 5 you'll see the diagram clearly showing the pump connected immediately after the filter. You want your warranty. They can't mis-inform that away.

spishex said:
Wow. Way to stay on them.

The booster pump needs to be post filter, as mentioned. The in-line screen will get clogged up very quickly in the current configuration. Putting a 'T' after the filter will be fine. If they're that worried about it, have them install a valve on the line so you can close off water to the cleaner when it's not in use.
What is an inline screen? Need to have my ducks in a row :) I have a cut off valve at the booster pump.
Speaking of valves, you need a three way valve for your waste line instead of a ball valve. As it stands if you had a load of silt in the pool and tried to vacuum it out to waste without clogging your filter, you'd still clog the filter.
Good pick up
Point these guys to pages 4-5 of your booster pump owner's manual. On page 4 you'll see "This manual contains information for the proper installation and operation of the Hayward 6060 booster pump. The instructions in this manual MUST be followed precisely. Failure to install according to defined instructions will void warranty."

And on page 5 you'll see the diagram clearly showing the pump connected immediately after the filter. You want your warranty. They can't mis-inform that away.
Thanks guys. If it weren't for this forum I wouldn't have know any better. :goodjob:
Y'all are the best. :cheers:

These guys are either not listening to me, have a very short memory, or have a problem with a woman giving instructions. I think it's the latter. :rant: Here's the pics I emailed to them. I don't know how much better I could have explained it.

Attachments

• Plumbing redo 001.jpg
    Plumbing redo 001.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 41
  • Plumbing redo 002.jpg
    Plumbing redo 002.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 42
  • Plumbing redo 004.jpg
    Plumbing redo 004.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 41
Now, here is what they did :rant:

As you can see, they did not move the filter forward, just the main pump and added another 90 coming off it. :rant:
Guess I should be happy they didn't remove the ball valve to the waste port, cause when I opened it tonight, water came gushing out. I do not understand the mechanics of the 3 way to know what to do with it. (YET) :wink: Can someone help me on that????

Attachments

• 3 way valve 003.jpg
    3 way valve 003.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 39
  • 3 way valve 004.jpg
    3 way valve 004.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 39
They also went to the extreme on the straight pipe going to the main filter. I asked for 10-12" and they put 24". Wonder if that was to p### me off?? Not necessary, as I'm already madder than a wet hen as it is. :twisted:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.