Salt Lake City, UT
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hello, I have the Pentair SuperFlo VS and my PB installed 2” plumbing on both return and suction sides. However, he reduced the pipe down to 1.5” for the last 2 feet. Would this cause restriction of water flow? I ask because when I use the vacuum port he installed and turn my pump to “clean” mode (about 3200 to 3400 RPM) I seem to experience cavitation and the pump looks like it’s not getting enough water to run properly. So, my workaround has been to keep the skimmer slightly open but this makes it more difficult to vacuum. Would replacing the 2 ft of reduced PVC make a difference? I’ve also checked everything around pump for air leaks and there do not seem to be any.

He did that on both the return and suction side? For sure it will significantly reduce volume/flow. Pictures?
Just on suction and doesn’t look like enough line going straight into the pump either.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    534.5 KB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    460.9 KB · Views: 8
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    606.5 KB · Views: 8
The short length of 1.5" pipe is not causing your pump problems.

It is more likely the vacuum port cannot supply sufficient water.

Try vacuuming at a lower RPM.

And BTW, your Intellichlor sell is installed incorrectly with a downward flow. If installed vertically it must be installed with the flow switch at the bottom with an upward flow. This is for safety so that if the flow switch fails gravity makes it fail open, not closed.

1695497480250.png

And why does it look like your plumber used black ABS cement or grey electrical PVC cement neither of which fully welds schedule 40 PVC joints together properly with enough strength?

This is actually the one thing done right. The grey cement is specifically for pools. Local pool store sells it and it’s pretty expensive. Can’t find it at HD or Lowe’s.

This is actually the one thing done right. The grey cement is specifically for pools. Local pool store sells it and it’s pretty expensive. Can’t find it at HD or Lowe’s.

Was it this...

Was it this...

No, I’m pretty sure it was made by Weld-On and was industrial strength. It was a blue and white color label but unfortunately most of there products are blue labeled.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.