Plumbing design

How deep is the water in that area?

I was more showing you what to look for, not so much recommending those exact tees. They probably won't be ideal if the water is not very shallow.

My top step is 8 inches down from the top of the wall, each of the other 3 steps drop 10 inches and another 10 inches from the bottom step to the pool floor for a total of 48 inch depth. I am cutting the holes for them so I can put them at any depth I want.

If you put them in the top step they will probably perform just fine but may splash a bunch of water out of the pool since they're so close to the edge. If you install them in the steps below, I think you'll end up disappointed at the appearance.

so if I went with the 7/16 nozzle fitting (212-3470) fitting which is at a 17-20 GPM, would that be a better choice? I am not necessarily putting them on the face of the steps. I am fir sure going to put two on the pool walls by the steps, shooting across the steps from one side to the other. So I can choose the depth and location. IF I put more than two, I was thinking of putting two more of them on a step face (probably the second or third step).

And I guess I am asking in terms of my pump selection (Pentair Superflo 1.5 HP, VS 342001) and its flow rate to be able to suffice. As is indicated from the earlier parts of this post, I have 2 inch plumbing everywhere, 4 regular returns, two skimmers and two main drains. My pump is not installed, so coud be swapped because I can return if needed and get the Intelliflo 3HP VS pump.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
1/4" nozzles would be fine with almost any pump. 7/16" nozzles will obviously require more flow. One way around this, and something I'd recommend doing anyway is to put these jets on their own return line so you could direct all of the water to them or throttle the valve you see fit.

Definitely. My regular returns are plumbed that way anyway, so I will tie these jets around the steps together with each other and run them on a separate line from the pump and I can turn them on or adust pressure with the valve as needed when in use.

Thanks to you and to Mark for helping me with this!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.