Plug up overflow hole in skimmer box

kimpomerleau

May 17, 2023
Ormond beach Fl
I have this same issue as every time the water moves, it flows out of the skimmer overflow hole. Ugh! I have since had my husband insert this little plug and it definitely make a difference. Snug and done. Has anyone tried these plugs? Thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_1319.jpg
    IMG_1319.jpg
    480.5 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_1320.jpg
    IMG_1320.jpg
    240.8 KB · Views: 25
Welcome to TFP! :wave: When needed, owners often use pool winterizing plugs for various reasons. Curious, it looks like your post was moved from someone else's thread. Why are you plugging-up your overflow tube? It might also help if you update your signature with all of your pool and equipment details.

Hi,
I'm letting anyone know that I think I've found a resolution for the skimmer hole plug. It's not flush but it's working. I will provide pics below. But it is saving having to put water in the pool so often as any movement creates loss from the overflow hole in skimmer. I found these at Ace hardware.

Attachments

• IMG_1319.jpg
    IMG_1319.jpg
    480.5 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1320.jpg
    IMG_1320.jpg
    240.8 KB · Views: 11
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.