Pls help me set up my pool !

Matt sent me this message when I tested my tap water, which was used to fill the pool.

Your fill water will be very aggressive (CSI ~ -0.77) towards plaster. Whoever is doing your startup should be made aware of these numbers as they will need to add both calcium and alkalinity to the water (assuming a bicarbonate startup). Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk,16k gal SWG pool (All Pentair), QuadDE100 Filter, Taylor K-2006

So here's my trend, which is actually moving in the right direction:

Tap water CH was 75 and TA was 60.
After fill, CH was 150 and TA was 40.
Now, CH is 175 and TA is 70.

When I had my pool resurfaced the CH shot up after a month due to the new finish. The PB said not to worry about the original low fill water CH due to this. After a month I was at my CH target.

So I spent the afternoon searching for information about pool startups here, and based on what I've found, with a heaping dose of onbalance's recommendations, I think I should set my targets as follows for the next 3.5 weeks. Its clearly not a bicarb start, just a normal start with a positive CSI. I can float the TA down to 60 after 4 weeks with pH and my fountains, and increase the CH as needed when the salt goes in. Does anyone see a red flag here? Thank you!!!

CYA 40
FC 6
CH 260
TA 120
pH 7.8
CSI +0.2

ps -- this afternoon, my water began to "sparkle", so I know I'm on the right track!!

Those numbers are OK. But with TA that high and new plaster the PH is going to rise. It is important to keep PH at 7.8 or lower. You may have to add muriatic acid daily for a while until the TA drops.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.