m12ltm

Jul 30, 2023
Texas
Hi there, I have a hole in the pool wall around 6 inches below the water level. It is not an equalizer line and not connected to my skimmer line in anyway which appears to have one connection at the bottom going directly to the pump. See the enclosed pictures this hole has what looks to a valve deep say just over 1 foot down a 1.5 inch pipe. I have no idea if its connected to any plumbing. When blowing air down it nothing comes out anywhere else than the hole being blown into. My pool has no overflow pipe yet it does not overfill when it rains so believe its that. I can block it up but when I do the pool still drains lower than it should with no signs of leaks anywhere else.

Can you please give me an idea of what it is and how it will be plumbed? How one would go about isolating or fixing it if it is causing the pool to over drain? Pool 10 years old built 2013.

Cheers, Hole next to skimmer.jpgValve came out of hole.jpg

I don't understand what the stick is for.
I have no idea it is heavy solid metal. It was attached to something 1 ft into the pipe. I turned it and it came off. It appears to be screwed onto something. When I put a stick down the pipe there is like a valve or something down there. I would guess it an overflow as pool have never overfilled during harsh rain and slowly overtime when it rained the pool would over drain. I may have to break up the concrete and see what's going on but would like to know if anyone has seen this unusual setup?

The most obvious guess is a suction or pressure port for a cleaner. If you've ruled that out, here's my stupid guess: How about a winterizing drain. When winterizing a pool, water level is dropped 6" below skimmer level. Remove plug, water drains to proper level...

But, are you even in an area where the pool is closed for winter?

Aerator? Fountain port?

I don't see any other pics.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have no idea it is heavy solid metal. It was attached to something 1 ft into the pipe. I turned it and it came off. It appears to be screwed onto something. When I put a stick down the pipe there is like a valve or something down there. I would guess it an overflow as pool have never overfilled during harsh rain and slowly overtime when it rained the pool would over drain. I may have to break up the concrete and see what's going on but would like to know if anyone has seen this unusual setup?
20230814172413365.jpg20230814172825407.jpg
The most obvious guess is a suction or pressure port for a cleaner. If you've ruled that out, here's my stupid guess: How about a winterizing drain. When winterizing a pool, water level is dropped 6" below skimmer level. Remove plug, water drains to proper level...

But, are you even in an area where the pool is closed for winter?

Aerator? Fountain port?

I don't see any other pics.

20230814172825407.jpg20230814172413365.jpg

Do you have a light in your pool? If so, your water should be bonded through the light. In any case, you can always add an inline water bonding device to you plumbing if you can't determine if your water is bonded. Then, seal this hole up and forget about it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.