Please go buy something at Leslie's!

I struggle getting a guy at work to convert to TFP because his Leslie's tests his water for him and does a fairly decent job, at least when I back checked them (I took my test kit to work one day to test his water and Leslie's results essentially matched mine) and they don't push chems on him. He has a SWCG, which I'm sure is the only reason he has not been really pool stored. He usually fights algae once a year, but won't listen to me when I tell him it takes less time to test and maintain his pool than it does for him to drive to Leslies. I wish (not for his pocketbook) they would hose him over on pool chems so I could lead him to the proverbial water.

I'm not sure he's added anything but stabilizer, chlorine (SWCG or shock in some form) and salt, since I've had my pool finished in 2020.

--Jeff

I get LC, salt, and some repair parts from them. I have always found the people who work there to be very friendly and helpful - but I usually know what I am looking for when I go in there.

Reactions: jark87
I will not shed a single tear when Leslie's crumbles into the earth. I've bought two things from there: a run capacitor when mine blew up (and I didn't want to wait for a new one) and I paid $25 for a single wheel bearing for my neighbor's Polaris when it broke. The company is run by scam artists and the stores are staffed by people who don't care and don't know anything about pool care. They are an enormous part of the overall "pool industry" problem.

I have tried multiple times to establish a commercial account there, since their commercial pricing isn't nearly as horrible as their in-store consumer retail pricing. I have gone as far as to try and find the name of the local account manager, to no avail. After giving up with them, I signed up for an account with a regional pool supplier who had my account approved and set up over the weekend. I then placed an order the following Monday for $1800+ in stuff I needed for my SWCG install. Guess Leslie's didn't want my money that bad. If they aren't making money, it's their own fault. Good riddance.

Aw man, I’m happy with my Leslie’s. They’re close and convenient. I’m in and out in just a few minutes, they carry heavy stuff, like salt, to my car for me and they almost always have what I need. I’m happy to pay the small premium for that convenience. I buy MA, salt, DE and liquid CYA there. Like others have experienced, they’ve repaired some things at no cost for labor and have helped with some no cost diagnostic work. I recently had a leaky check valve and Leslie’s had the repair kit in stock. Big box stores have horrible to non-existent service, especially when it comes to the corner in the garden center where pool supplies are kept. Their inventory is hit and miss, so they’re not dependable.

And all of the hand-wringing over their treatment recommendations can be easily avoided. Just don’t take your water in for testing.

I’m glad to have a Leslie’s nearby!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.