Please give advice for prepping ground before new 21 foot round agp install

67mike

Jul 14, 2015
Canada
Please advise as to best way to prep a base to put our new 21 foot round pool on.

My situation:

We had a 14 foot round coleman pool and I had a spot cleared and pretty level for this pool (not 100% level).

I added sand after I leveled the dirt.

So now we are going to install a new 21 foot round pool.

I want to have about 3 feet outside of the pool cleared of grass and I will be putting rock and egding there along with lights.

My vendor suggested using crusher fines as a base and have it raised...then slope edge away from pool so water drains away from pool....he also suggested a felt pad instead of sand under the pool floor.

Please let me know what you have in way of advice/tips.

ALSO: do I need to apply salt or chemicals to ground under area where pool will go??????

Thank you all.

I put down a tarp and then a felt pad (generic gorilla pad) and so far so good. I know a lot of people use sand, but the felt pad was so easy and it hinders growth underneath better than sand. I think people use sand, because they say it feels better on the floor.

Reactions: 67mike
I put down a tarp and then a felt pad (generic gorilla pad) and so far so good. I know a lot of people use sand, but the felt pad was so easy and it hinders growth underneath better than sand. I think people use sand, because they say it feels better on the floor.
I found sand dents easily and leaves depressions for dirt to collect in.

My vendor suggests packed crusher fines and felt pad ontop.

Crusher fines are great... let me find you a gorgeous set up... I have it bookmarked! BRB.

Reactions: 67mike
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.