Plaster repair.....

I'm having a crack in my attached spa repaired next week under warranty and the plasterer plans to drain the spa the day before repairing it. Luckily it's only 650 gallons of water and I can either drain it or transfer the water to the pool (I will drain it and replace with fresh fill water). I would think most plasterers would need the pool drained and the plaster area to be fixed as dry as possible prior to applying the plaster.

I've had a few cracks repaired over the years. Each time the PB used pool putty. He mixed black and white to try to match the color. He dove and stuffed the putty in the cracks and it cured underwater. Only one of the cracks leaked water, it was patched in 2012 and hasn't leaked since.

Don't mean to scare you but my pool was a little older, built in 78. Just be careful, your's will probably be fine. I tend to warn people about draining their pool as it cost me 14000 dollars and would hate to see other people go through that without the proper knowledge that it does happen. Good luck.

Bummer, I heard my pool contractor that replastered our pool talk about his 3 year warranty like it was the whole reason we had him do the work. We kept wondering why, is this guy even going to be around in three years. Amazing, the whole time we were redoing our pool it seemed like we had to watch and babysit and anilyze the job every step of the way, really frustrating and tiring. Simply blows me away that after they receive a good down payment that they really just want to do as lousy of a job as they can get away with until you just miss something and don't say anything or you get to the point your so tired of their Baloney Sandwiches that you just want them done and off your property. Very sad,I know we finally settled like a lot of other people I am sure and when it comes to warranty we will see.I think their is probably good pool builders out their you just have to be very careful and diligent with your choice. I hope this all turns out alright for you guys and I hope I don't have to be in the same situation in a year or two. Good luck.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I had warranty work done on my three year old plaster in my spa to fix a non leaking hairline crack. Worst decision ever. The fix looked worse than the crack (that no one noticed but me) -

3ac8f7e96ce217e90230194e41cb7d40.jpg

When I called for warranty service they totally agreed that the plaster job was covered, I was not at fault and they'd get me right on the schedule. Job we be done in less than a day. That was May. After months of delays and excuses, the patch was done in .... DECEMBER! So I waited 6 months to have a lousy patch job done. The guy that did the work showed up at 4pm in the afternoon and spent an hour or two chipping it out and patching the delamination. It's was dark out when he finished and he looked exhausted from what was probably a long day of plastering pools. Lowest quality work possible.

Lesson learned - pool related warranties aren't worth the paper their printed on.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.