Pisces Pool Build - FINISHED & PICS

Don't worry Pisces! Your pool will fit plenty of kids!! They usuall come in small sizes, so don't let that stop you :-D :-D

I shall update my log as soon as I get those darn frames of the pool. A total miss calculation from my side. I thought that would be an easy job but my good I was utterly misstaken. But I will have them off by this weekend, posting pics then. This will be the last hard labour job on my project I hope. From now on the job will be more sofisticated 8) and much more interesting. I'm pretty tired to bend my back again and again with parts thats are heavier than the other. I can't wait until I'm are where you are now :goodjob:

take care Picses
//Mats

The leak detection crew came out on Tuesday. The guy put on a dry suit and went swimming. He found 1 pool and 5 spa leaks in the plaster around the returns and jets. Now we're waiting on the plaster company to come and fix it.

You are right about the punch list items taking so long. It used to upset me but after talking to Jim a couple of times and now that Brent is handling things I've learned to relax. Castlerock is taking full responsibility and I have complete confidence that they will get it taken care of.

Mats...you just crack me up...nobody else would have tackled your VERY complicated build but YOU. :lol: You're a sharp cookie (that's slang over here for 'very smart person')!! ...and I'll be so glad to see those completion pictures of your pool! :-D

Landmark...I agree about CastleRock wanting to make things right, and make the customer happy. And especially waaaay AFTER the build is over. So glad they found the leaks. I really hope you got pics of the "diver"..lol. That could be an instant classic here on TFP. :goodjob: They'll get it fixed. I'm really glad I went with this company, and we are chilled on the punch list stuff (it's all getting done), because I see what a great pool they build, what it's added to my house and happiness overall, and dang it...they do a great job. They really are good to deal with. Patience is a huge virtue while you're building a pool, right? 8) Hey...almost time to fire up those Margaritaville Machines.....woohoo! :mrgreen:

I came home today to either:

a) A crime scene

b) Mako sealant applied around the pool coping

Hmmmm...no "chalk outline" of a body, or the cast of "CSI" in my backyard...so...I'm thinking Mako sealant. Yay!

P3201511.jpg

LOL..Butterfly...I guess I'm going to have to put a burglar alarm on those bowls when I get them out there. :roll: And, the Landlady from Kung Fu Hustle...my "inner woman" raaawrrr... :whip: me in my velcro rollers, and giving everybody the stinkeye. :lol:

Launboy...oh, isn't it much better without the mudwrestling pit?!! Thanks! :mrgreen:

roger and Butterfly!! ...we have one of them out there (Butterfly I know you've seen it), and working on the other one this weekend. We don't have the lava rock or fire ring$ yet..had to buy some outdoor furniture to have a place to sit :-D and now we have to get a Mo$quito Magnet, because we're already getting mosquitoes the size of puppies :shock: . Ack. DH won't stick a toe outside if there's a mosquito within a mile. Don't anybody start thinking the spending stops with the finished pool build..lol! :mrgreen: Geez. Here's a thread with one of the *future* fire bowls in it...scroll down a little. wow-back-under-control-after-pool-flooded-pics-t11229.html I think I'll have to put some charcoal on a grate and light it just to see what they'll look like. :wink:

Cavewoman must make more money, then build pretty fire. :mrgreen: Sorry for the delay, guys!!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Pisces said:
roger and Butterfly!! ...we have one of them out there (Butterfly I know you've seen it)........Yep! It IS beautiful! Just waiting for fire, which you answered here........

Cavewoman must make more money, then build pretty fire. :mrgreen: Sorry for the delay, guys!!!

I think you have just spoiled us rotten :mrgreen:

Gosh, Pisces! It feels like we've all been in this together (lol, with YOU doing all the work, of course) and now it's time to hop right in. It turned out beautiful. Congratulations.

You changed your avatar over the winter!

Thank you Cherie and denis...we had a good time building it, and it's been a real joy, especially the spa. The pool's a little over a year old now. Almost time to heat the spa...I'm ready! We have to brick that post you see in the last picture and put a small brick retaining wall around the palm trees at the end to keep debris out of the pool when it rains heavily, so a little more stuff to catch up on. Yes, lost the old avatar when I did some computer "spring cleaning" but I like the new avatar! :cheers:

Pisces,

What's the width (narrower and wider) and length of your pool?

We are starting to design ours, and we don't have a lot of space, so looking at different options. I love how well your PB used the space, so we might want to go with something similar.

Thanks,
firstpoolforme

It's about 33 ft long, including spa and coping, and 14' at steps/tan shelf, 10 1/2' at narrowest part of pool,( including 11' copings). We wanted enough deck at the end for a chair and palm trees. We could have made the pool a couple feet longer without the decking at one end. Works well for us, though. We had a lot of easement demands, too. Had to build 8 feet from the back fence...what a pain, so it limited us severely. You could do a bigger pool without the easement restrictions. Good luck on your build!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.