Pipes from pool to equipment pad

vespaboy

Jan 29, 2023
New Jersey
Hello All,

I posted a few months ago regarding some of my initial design and finally started the construction phase. Gunite will be shot this week and I'm now looking at the material I need to do the plumbing from the pool to the equipment pad.
I know the pipe sizes I need but the guy who installed the pipes inside the pool is telling me that I should be using belled-end 20' pipes. It does make a lot of sense given that it would reduce the number of connections and pipes I would need and also reduce the likelihood of failure of those connections, but there is a cost associated to it as those are more expensive than regular 10' pipes but most importantly, they are harder to find (home depot, Lowes or regular yards don't have them).

My question to the forum is what is the most common choice for pipes going from the pool to the equipment pad. Is it ok to use 10' regular (ie: non belled-end) pipes ?

Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.