Pipe connection

Tim C

Jan 21, 2008
Rhode Island
HI,
I'm trying to replace some piping, due to a leak....have most of fittings, but I've run into a problem
I have a Hayward swim clear cartridge filter , and the "cartridge filter plumbing kit" that connects to the bulkhead fitting has me stumped.
The slip connector that attaches to the bulkhead fitting: I can't find a pipe/fitting that fits into it. A 2inch pipe is too large, a 1.5 inch PVC pipe bottoms out in the slip fitting. I feel like I'm missing something here?
Thanks
Tim

You can tie into the connector by gluing a 2'' coupling on the outside of the connector, then glue 2'' pipe to coupling,
or glue 1.5'' to the inside of the connector, it won't matter that the pipe bottoms out in the connector, once it is glued in it will be fine. most likely you will be using 2''

The reason why 2'' pipe is too big, as you say, is because it is the same size diameter as the outside of the connector and requires a 2'' coupling to join the connector to the pipe.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.